Chapter 8: The missed call

Nicole woke with a great sigh. 'That was probably one of the best nights of sleep I've had in a long time'. As she wiped the crust from her eyes she sat up and stretched her arms. She got out of bed and brushed her hair, teeth and did the usual morning things except she didn't change out of her pajama pants. She instead popped on her Syracuse hoodie.

"Caroline get up!"

"Fuck off i'm not getting up!" Caroline shouted back from her room.

"I'm going to ihop! So I guess you don't want in on the endless pancake deal they have going on now!" Within a few minutes she saw Caroline sprint out of her room grab her coat and shout

"Hurry up I wanna get there before I turn 50!" Nicole laughed and shook her head. If there was one way that you could get Caroline out of bed, its to offer her food in some way, shape or form. It worked everytime.

They pulled into the IHOP parking lot. Nicole didn't even have to look at Caroline to tell that she was excited. And rightfully so, Caroline had intense D1 swim practice every day of the week and she didn't have much time to indulge in food. And honestly Nicole had to admit she was pretty pumped too. I mean who wouldn't, it's ihop. They rushed inside and told the hostess they wanted a table for two.

"Cholie, Cholie, Cholie, Cholie!!!"

"What!" Nicole turned and said in a whisper yell.

"I smell pancakes!" Nicole rolled her eyes as the hostess showed them to a booth.

They scooted into the booth and looked at the menu. The duo told the waiter their order.

"So did you guys screw eachother?" Nicole knew who she was talking about immediately and was completely taken off guard. Mid-way through taking a sip of her water and almost sprayed it all over the table. But she somehow mustered up some strength to hold it back. Still causeing her to cough a little bit. Caroline started to laugh at her reaction. After she completley got it together she relpiled with a very affirmitive no.

"Hey don't blame me. You came home pretty late for just a hoodie exchange." She made one of those *if ya know what I mean* faces with he eyebrows wiggling up and down.

"Look, we talked, I figured out where I knew him from and that was it!"

"Ooooo I wanna know where you knew him from. Long lost relative? Ex boyfriend? Ex boyfriend that turned out to be a long lost relative?!"

"No, no and thats nasty/ Where did you even come up with that?"

"Okay my bad, its early and i'm getting impatient with my food."

"Relax Caroline its coming now." Caroline turned around to see two stacks of red velvet pancakes seeming to float towards them. She licked her lips as the waiter set the food down infront of them.

"Enjoy." The waiter said. Clearly it was the end of his shift soon cause he was checking the time like The Who's counting down to Christmas in The Grinch That Stole Christmas