Chapter 39: Secret Love

Thank you Kenna for your help with this chapter. Love you girl :) 

Nicole rubbed her fingers over the paraiba tourmaline necklace Robert had given her years ago that gently rested on her neck. 

"What if they figure it out." 

"They won't figure it out Nic, don't worry."

"But they could."

"Technically yes, they could. But its very unlikely that-"

"So they still could."

"Nic, they won't. My job is to put on a believable face, if they find out then I should just quit now." Robert put his hands on her arms and looked into her eyes smiling, which ended up relaxing her a little. But just a little. "Turn around. Your dress needs to be zippered."

Nicole let out a deep sigh and turned around, allowing Robert to slowly let the cold zipper run up her back, "I just don't know Robert, they're just itching to find some dirt on anyone. Whose to say it won't be us in the shark tank next?" As the zipper reached the end of its track, Robert wrapped her hands around Nicole's waist and tugged her in close so that her back was flush against his chest.

"I guess kissing you like this in public wouldn't be the worst thing." He said as he brushed her hair to the side and kissed her along her neck.

"I agree with you completely." Nicole said, wiggling out of Robert's entanglement and turning around to face him. "But at the right time, Robbie." Nicole smiled, patting his chest and placing a soft kiss on his lips. "Now come on. You have to get this on so we can go. The car is almost here." Nicole said laughing while she threw his black tie across his face.

"What, your first full day in California and you don't want to have hot Californian sex before we go?" Robert smirked and laughed as he saw Nicole roll her eyes but slightly blush.

"You'll be fine." Robert softly said as he gently touched her leg, Nicole's only reaction being to quickly push it away. "Nic, they can't see in here, the windows are blocked out." Robert gently turned her face towards his and planted a kiss on her forehead. "You ready?" Nicole gave him a small nod and he nodded back, slowly opening the door only to make the lights of the camera flashes brighter and the sound of people talking louder.

Nicole slowly stepped out of the back of the car, using Robert's outstretched hand she pulled herself up and fixed her short black dress. Robert's hand silently hovered over her back as they made their way down the carpet. 

She could feel he pulse begin to quicken and her palms begin to sweat as reporters came up to them one by one. Asking if they were together or if there is something going on, all she could do was smile and nod as Robert denied it. "We're just friends. That's all." He would say time and time again, like as if for some reason if he said it enough he'd believe it.

They stopped in front of a wall of names and brands, taking pictures like everyone imagined when they thought of actors. "See, I told you it wasn't that bad." Robert leaned in to whisper to Nicole.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Nicole began to ease up a little.

"Two more hours of this until we can go home though." Robert reminded her, she looked up at him and softly hit him in the chest with her hand before walking away from the even brighter camera lights laughing.

Robert looked at her when the laughing became excessive, "Are you ok?" a sound of concern for his psychopathic looking friend hinted in his voice.

"Yeah its all great, I can't wait for the next two hours, it'll be so much fun!" Nicole said, still laughing.