Chapter 20: Paradise Found

Nicole woke up with a heavy head. She felt like shit, but nothing that can't be overcome by a nice cup of coffee. She slowly got up and looked over at the time, 9:20. She hated getting up, but she wasn't going to get better if she stayed in bed. When she eventually mustered enough strength to get up she already felt 10 times better. She slowly opened the door, just to make sure Robert wasn't in the middle of changing. She saw him at the sink, back facing her trying to get the blood off of his shirt from last night. No matter how shitty Nicole felt, she was going to put on a perfect face for Robert today on his 20th birthday.

She ran up to him and hugged him from behind "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Robert lifted up his arms slightly to get a better look at her, "Well looks like you're feeling better."

Robert said with a smile as he turned around to hug Nicole back. "You hungry? Breakfast closes at ten thirty so we have an hour so we can do whatever you want to do if you want to skip breakfast or go now or go later-"

"Nicole!"

"What?"

"There is a reason they have spacing in between words. So you can relax and take a breath." 

Robert laughed while Nicole rolled her eyes. "I'm just so excited for your birthday!"

"I don't think being this excited is good for your current condition." Robert joked but Nicole brushed it off. Either she was so fucked up she didn't realize or hear what he said, or she didn't care enough to give it her attention.

"So where do you want to go Robbie? The Bayside has good breakfast, that's the one right by the water. But Marios has a lot more food. Or we could go somewhere new."

"Uhhh, I think that Bayside sounds good." Robert said looking down at Nicole and smiling.

"So about last night Robbie-"

"I honestly don't wanna talk about it." Nicole didn't see what happened last night, but it wasn't so difficult to guess. Nicole normally would pry, but she saw that the thought of Charles alone got Robert all clenched up.

Nicole put her hand on his shoulder, "Its ok Robbie, we don't have to." She felt Roberts muscles loosen up a little. When they got to Bayside they were quickly seated, for some odd reason people had already been up and had breakfast. Which they didn't understand given that it was a miracle for them to be up before 10.

They both got about the same thing, scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. But of course Robert got almost twice the amount as Nicole. Nicole threw up everything in her stomach last night so she was just as hungry as Robert and she ate just as fast. When they finished they didn't get up right away. They tried to take in the ocean scent and the beautiful view as long as they could.

"So I might have something we could do, I think you will like it Robbie."

"What is it?"

"Its like this stimulation surfing thing. They have this never ending wave and you can surf on it, it looked really fun."

"Sure that actually sounds really cool. Where is it?"

"Its in the french village at the water park. You have to sign a consent form cause I already did when I went to check it out."

"Ok lets go." 

The walk was about 5 minutes long. When they got there the line had about 2 or three people in it. Nicole saved Robert a spot as he signed the waver. Because they were new they had to learn how to fall. After they did it took them 3 or four turns then they got the hang of it, well at least Nicole did. Robert could stay up for about 30 seconds. Then Nicole would splash him and he would fall. When Robert tried to splash Nicole she wouldn't even budge. They did this for an hour and decided to go somewhere else. They really wanted to dry off and relax a bit so they went back to Key West and went to the adult pool. Robert took of his shirt when the found two chairs in the shade by the pool.