Chapter- 10

Sam's POV-:

"Oh shit." I bent down towards her and saw blood on her forehead. She was looking unconscious. I shook her. "Leyah....ley...wake up..please...oh shit." I picked her up in bridal style and ran.

"Hey, Sam.." Ms. Julie asked the nurse asked. "what happened to her?" I walked towards the bed and laid her down. " she is bleeding." she started picking up the tools.

"She fell....I mean, I pushed her. But this was not my intention," I said, worried, rubbing her hand. If anything happened to her, I would not forgive myself ever. "Don't tell me she is dead," I asked.

"Sam...relax, she is fine, just passed out," she said, chuckling and cleaning the blood with cotton. I sighed in relief. Thank god.

"Take care of her. I've got to go. Inform her friends," I said, touching her cheek and exiting.

*******

Leyah's POV-:

I woke up. And felt like I was waking up after years. My head hurt so much. I closed my eyes and opened them slowly. I saw blurred white walls. I turned my head. Saw my friends sitting with our nurse Julie.

"Hey...sleepy head, you woke up finally." I heard someone. " you scared the shit out of me. You know." she said, laughing. I sat up. She pushed me down. " No, lay down. Take rest." Poly said.

"But why am I here?" I asked.

"That bitch pushed you," Charlie spoke. Touching my forehead. I remembered I was slapping Sam, and she pushed me, and then my head hurt.

"Shut up, Charlie. Don't call her that." Jane said. "remember she took her here and tell us. I saw the worry in her eyes." she added. Was she talking about Sam?

"Yes, she took her here, and I never saw Sam that worried for anyone before, not even for herself. Whenever she came with injuries." the nurse chimed in. Smiled at me. " how are you feeling now? Better?" she asked. I nodded. " she cares about you." she added. No, she was not talking about Sam again. Ugh. Care for me? Huh!

"I am feeling ok now. Can I go home?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. And take these meds," she said. I took it and stood up from the bed, and exited. Poly's arm was around my shoulder.

"You should file a report against her, L," Charlie said, walking with me. I shook my head. There was no point in doing that. She was rich and a family friend too. Her mom will kill me with her kisses and the bear hugs, and then I'll be the one who'll pray to go inside the prison to stay away from him...Polly pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Charlie is just angry. Don't listen to him, ok," she said. I nodded. Then she glared at him. " Well, Charles, you were the one who told us that she took all the blame on her and told the whole truth about the assignment in front of the class," she said. I stopped on the track.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, she is daring. I must say." Jane said. Woh! This was not Sam. weird. Why would she do that? Feeling pity? Because she pushed me? Yeah.

"Oh, come on, but the humiliation L faced was just bcoz of that bitch." Charlie said. We reached the parking lot.

"Hey...I'll drive you home," Poly said. I nodded because I was not in the mood to drive.

"But what about your car?" I asked.

"Oh... I'll call my driver to take it home," she said, unlocking my car.

I sat in the passenger seat. Someone knocked on my window. I opened it. A nerd from my class is standing there fixing his glasses. "What?"

"These are f-for you," he said, throwing the bouquet in my lap and running away. Woh! Weird.

"Ahem...secret admirer." Poly chuckled and started the engine, and drove.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. "I don't even know him," I said. Looking at a big red roses bouquet. It smelt fresh.

"Hey...there is a card. Read it aloud," she said, looking back at the road again.

I saw a small red card. And opened it.

'I am extremely sorry for today. Get well soon, hot stuff.

Your one and only

sexy enemy.'

I chuckled at the last two words and got it. Who sent those?

"Wow! So you made an enemy in the first week of school, huh?" Poly laughed.

"It's her...." she glanced at me, confused. "Sam," I spoke loud. Her face hung open in shock.

"That's so not Sam's style for apologizing. But it's kinda.......romantic." she sang the last word. I chuckled at her childish behavior.

"Shut up, Poly." I smacked her arm. But I couldn't remove the smile from my face. Was she not this type with others? Then why me? "She is sorry cuz she hit me," I added.

"Oh...trust me, darling. I have known her since childhood. She beat the people worst than this." she said. I was shocked. Did she really?. "but she never even said sorry. And these...flowers n all are on a different level." she spoke, chuckling. She pulled into my driveway.

"Ok... thanks for dropping me off, and you can take the car with you...but today only. It's my baby," I said. She laughed and nodded.

"Well, take a rest. Get well soon because we are going to Devon's party on Saturday. Tomorrow is Friday so don't come to school. Take a rest. Ok." she said. I smiled and got out of the car with a bouquet in my hand and waved her bye.