chapter one

Uploading memory

5%

27%

39%

68%

73%

92%

99%

100 %

Up lo ad Co m plet e

I opened my eyes, I saw items of clothing laid out in front of me on a long table. I looked around to see no one else in the room with me. Except for the oddly large mirror.

I shrugged it off and grabbed a white polo, and a black neck tie. Putting the clothing on I looked at the table once more. I slipped on some black slacks, along with full length socks, shoes,  a dark brown v neck long sleeved vest, and a grey beanie. Which was the last item on the table.

I heard a door open behind me, I turned around to see, someone familiar. "God you're crazy Mel, d'you even remember anything before this?" He asked. I slowly shake my head "I'm sorry, but I don't believe I know what you're talking about sir."

The male sighed, "Alright..well, your name is Mel, you're Cyberlife's prototype companion model; The MJ800. You have been made to be the lover, of anyone who so happens to purchase you, however. You're just a protoype, it won't be the same for you. Just, act human." He shrugged with a smile.

I nodded, and returned the smile, "understood, sir."

"Call me Alex." He replied, gesturing for me to follow him out of the room. So I did.

I looked around the building as we walked, we had exit a testing lab. Specifically for prototypes.

My only question is: Why can't I remember anything?

We enter another room, presumably Alex's office. He sits down at his desk and he instructs me to sit in the empty chair in front of said desk. "Look Mel, you get one question for me to answer truthfully." he stated.

I sat in silence for a moment, "Alright, how come?"

Alex sighed, and chuckled "You were tired of being human, and those were your direct orders."

I frown slightly, in disbelief. But I stay silent. "In any case, the whole companion model, is just what you wanted to be...that, and all I can say right now is that you'll be assigned to assist Detective Gavin Reed, I have absolutely no idea why, but you'll figure it out eventually. So you say.." He muttered the last part.

"Alright Alex," I half smile.

.
.
.

The next morning I entered the Detroit Police Department. Walking past android cops, cool.

I was told that he was in the lounge getting coffee. I scanned the area and noticed another android in the lounge, along with Detective Reed.

I briskly walk towards them without catching their attention. "Being me a coffee dipshit." Detective Reed stated in a harsh manner.

"I'm sorry, but I only take orders from Lieutenant Anderson." The RK800 model replied.

Detective Reed was about to punch the other android before I stepped in and caught his arm before any damage was done. "Greetings and Salutations Detective Reed, I'm Mel, another android sent by Cyberlife, I'm here to be your partner." I state in a calm voice as I twist his arm behind his back.

"Gah-! Plastic prick! Let go!" Detective Reed demanded, however I just ignored him.

"I heard you were going to be here, Connor, pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry if Detective Reed was being problematic." I flashed a warm smile.