"I can't believe you had to save him from hunters during his first full moon. Talk about shit luck."

Derek nodded his head in agreement. He looked over to the practice field and Brooke followed his gaze. The team was doing some sort of drill where they had to get the ball past Jackson and the goalie.

"Did you find anything else out? About Laura?" Brooke asked him, redirecting his attention away from the field.

"No," He shook his head. "Were you able to research anything in your mom's books?"

Brooke heaved a sigh. "Coronal dismemberment is often used by hunters, but I don't think they did this. The Argents just moved here, and I felt like something was wrong before they even got to Beacon Hills."

"It's possible they're after Laura's killer." He said. Brooke raised her eyebrows.

"You think they killed her knowing she was the alpha."

Derek nodded his head, but their attention got pulled back to the field as they heard the loud Clash! of two bodies running into each other. Jackson was lying on his back on the field, his team members surrounding him. Brooke looked around and found Stilinski leaning over Scott.

"He's shifting!" Brooke said, hitting Derek in the shoulder.

The two of them watched Stilinski drag Scott off the field and towards the locker room. Stilinski glanced up and raised his eyebrows at the sight of Derek and Brooke standing together, but was quickly distracted by his growling friend.

"Aren't you going to go help them?" Derek asked.

"Do I have to?" The look on Derek's face informed her that, yes, she did have to go and help them. While she knew it was her responsibility to watch after the new werewolf, she didn't exactly want to stop him from killing Stiles. The kid was annoying, and asked far too many questions.

When Brooke entered the school, she heard commotion coming from the boy's locker room. Walking into the doorway, she found Scott crouched on a bench and Stiles cowering against the wall.

"Oh, for Christ's sake," Brooke muttered. She grabbed the fire extinguisher from the wall behind Stiles and pulled the pin, aiming the foam at Scott. Once the air had cleared, Brooke and Stiles saw Scott sitting on the bench, head in his hands.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"You tried to kill me," Stiles told him, gasping loudly. Brooke set the fire extinguisher down. "I told you, your pulse rising is a trigger."

"But that's lacrosse!" Scott said. "It's a pretty violent game if you hadn't noticed."

Stiles sat on the ground in front of Scott. "Well it's going to be a lot more violent if you kill someone on the field. You can't play in the game Saturday."

"He's right," Brooke said, taking a step closer to the two boys. Scott looked up at the sound of her voice. His eyes widened at the site of Brooke Moore, once of the most popular girls in school, talking to him. He looked at Stiles with a confused look on his face.

"Oh, yeah. She knows." Stiles told his friend. "Probably more than she's willing to share."

Brooke rolled her eyes at the second half of Stiles' statement. She squatted in front of Scott. "Trust me, Scott. There's no way you'll be able to control your anger. You can't play on Saturday."

******

It appeared as if Scott had to play on Saturday.

Jackson had a separated shoulder from Scott running into him during practice, and the team was relying on Scott to bring them to victory. Brooke huffed angrily at the news when Lydia told her. Assuming she was angry about Jackson's shoulder, Lydia ranted about the injury and how she was going to try and convince Jackson to get cortisone shots before the game.