 | Thank You

Start from the beginning

She put her head between her knees while hugging them. Hearing someone enter, she looked up, terrified of what they may do. She backed up to the headboard as she seen him. He was lightskin, dreads topped his head, and he was tall and skinny.

"I ain't going to hurt you, I ain't that type of person," he assures. When he got closer, she only whimpers. She didn't trust others so easily.

"Please don't h-hurt me," she stutters out of fear.

"I ain't. I found you laying in the street, so I got you and brought you here. My name is Nahmir, what's yours, ma?" he asks as he sits at the edge of the bed.

"...Zuziumi," she answers, looking down quietly.

Damn that's a unique name, Nahmir thought.

"Well, Zuziumi, are you hungry?" he asked. Zuziumi hesitated. She was always taught to not eat stranger's food or take anything from them.

"...I didn't poison the food if that's what you thinkin'," Nahmir chuckles as he stood.

She stood with him, walking behind him out the room and downstairs.

"Bro!"

Zuziumi was shooketh as she heard the same voice from just a moment ago.

"Can you shut the fuck up; you're scaring ha," Nahmir said to his brother.

Zuziumi looked and seen the same replica of Nahmir. He was sitting at the dining table eating a taco bowl with his phone in his left hand. He looked up and saw Zuziumi.

They're twins... Zuziumi thought.

"Why she so scared?" Zahmir as he took another bite the the tacos warm insides.

Zuziumi looked away, shyly.

" 'Cause you yellin' and it's obvious she doesn't like that," Nahmir said as he read her mind, "want a taco or taco bowl? Or you don't like tacos?"

"Taco bowl, please."

Nahmir waited until she was finished eating to start his questioning. Though, he didn't want to upset her.

"Who were those boy's leaving you there?" Nahmir asked as they sat at the dining table. Zahmir was in the living room playing Grand Theft Auto Online.

"They were trying to separate my sister and I. They drove me out onto another turf, hoping someone would catch me," Zuziumi sighed.

"Why did... why would they want to separate you?" Nahmir asked.

"I feel as if you're asking too much; I'm sorry, I just don't know you too well," she gazes into his eyes, which was a bold move of her.

"It's fine, ma. Want me to take you home?" Nahmir asks. Zuziumi swallows, "Yes."

Nahmir felt as if something was wrong. He didn't know for sure, but he felt it.

As she tucked her feet inside her shoes, she walked behind Nahmir. She noticed the bruise under his jaw, "What happened?"

Nahmir opened the front door, "What you mean?"

"...There's a bruise under your jaw," she said in a hushed tone. No one would see the bruise unless they were shorter or he'd lift his head back.

"I gotten into a fight today, that's all."

"Oh," she then hugged him. Nahmir was shocked, but then hugged her back.

"Thank you for not leaving me were I was," she says. Her voice was low, quiet and sweet.

"You're welcome, ma," he says.

They drove up to a sandy brown colored house with three stories.

"This it?" Nahmir asked.

"Yes, thank you for everything," Zuziumi salutes, smiling at him. She closes the car door and goes to the front door of the house.

Nahmir watches as the door opens and a girl burst into tears and hugged Zuziumi. He catches a better glimpse of her and noticed they were a set of twins.

"Zuziumi!" her sister cried, "I miss you so much!"

"I missed you, too, Pecela," Zuziumi says hugging her tight before entering the home with her sister as Nahmir drove off.

Z&P... Zuziumi and Pecela.

(Zhu•Zhi•Uhm•Me & Peh•Cee•Lah)

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE!