20

I never imagined actually going to the convince store that night, but curiosity got the best of me.

I could see you from afar and immediately regret ran through my whole body. Am I really going to help the person who hurt me?

As I got closer I saw beer bottles and cigarette packs scattered on the table you were sitting at. I saw your eyes light up as soon as you met mine, something I haven't saw in a while.

" I didn't think you'd show up" You said, laying back in your chair. Honestly, I didn't think I would have either.

I grabbed a chair and sat down, taking a cigarette out of a pack after. "Mind if I take one?" I asked.
"Not at all" You replied, reaching into your pocket and handing me a lighter.

I took it and lit up the cigarette. "Why aren't you at home?" I asked.

"I don't know" you bluntly replied. I don't understand why I even do shit like this anymore, I swear I'm an idiot.

"Why did you text me?" I wanted a face to face answer this time. "Because I knew you'd answer" you passed me a bottle of beer and I rejected it. "Do you need me to take you home?" I threw the burnt out cigarette on the ground and smushed it with my foot. "No, I just wanted to talk to you" I turned to you and let out a breath.

"About what?"

You sat straight up and put down your drink. "Do you like him?"
I gave you a confused look, why would you want to know?

"It's none of your business"

"It should be, why is he talking to someone like you?"

Another stab in the heart, I see.

"Maybe its because he's a nice person who doesn't ignore people based on social status, looks, or financial situation"

"He shouldn't be" the conversation went cold for a second as for I was holding back the tears that were forming in my eyes.

I got up from the chair and looked at him once more.

"Only if you were the one in my shoes, Lucas. I want you to feel what it's like to have a life that's a living hell."
I walked off but soon there was footsteps behind me. You harshly grabbed my wrist and turned me around, and there I was , 2 inches away from your face.

"Try apologizing and make things better but then end up fucking everything up"