4. Change

Sheila's POV:

~

~

"Honey, don't you wanna explore the new buildings first? A lot has changed since we left." Mom suggested, smiling at me.

"Yes, love. Go do so while we settle everything here." Pierre added, smiling warmly as he put his hand over mom. I sighed at two of them as I got up and left the admin office.

It's been three years since I left this town. It all felt so familiar and everything is still same. It's all the same yet there's also a lot of difference.

Since I left in seventh grade, I've never been to the High school department of the Academy. The uniform is different too. It's not the usual white, long sleeve polo's and green blazers. Now that I'm a sophomore, I wear white, short sleeve polo's with a vest if I so want to. I bet it's compulsory for guys to wear a vest.

I sighed as I walked around the courtyard, looking up at the familiar blue sky that I've been raised under. I smiled as the sun's rays hit my cheek, making me miss the warmth that was heavily lacking in London.

It was so different than the Middle school building. I could visit it, but I don't want to get lost in this place. It's much different than I had anticipated. But it still felt like home.

Suddenly, I felt my pocket vibrate. I took out my phone, my lucky clover strap dangling as I looked at the screen. I smiled as I unlocked it, Czy had sent me a message.

'hey, toots! hows it bein back home? ;)'

I giggled softly as I replied, pressing on the keyboard softly then hitting the send button.

'Warm! Warmer than London'll evr b!'

It's amazing that I don't need to be on the game just to speak to him now. Ever since the developers made a chat app for it, I don't have to be at home just to talk to him. I can practically talk to him anywhere!

We've spoken constantly every day, telling each other anything and everything, even the smallest detail. I love him for being here for me and when I was in London. He kept me company when I was alone back there and still hadn't made any friends. And because of that, I've fallen deeply in love with him with each passing day.

He was there when no one was.

"Love, there you are!" Pierre called out to me, jogging to me as I watched him. "We've looking for you. Your mother and I will be leaving shortly. Will you manage?" He asked thoughtfully, smiling as mother came and stood beside him. He wrapped his arm around her waist as mom leaned into his chest. I almost wanted to roll my eyes on him and pry his arm away from my mom.

If I forgot to mention, this blue-eyed man in front of me is Pierre Lefévre. He married my mom a year after we moved. They dated for almost a year before marrying. It was a wonderful moment, but I still love my dad. He can't replace him, even if he did marry my mom. So my name is now Sheila Klair Eclaire-Lefévre. I'm not giving up dad's name just cause mom married another French dude.

So, sorry, Pierre. There's only two men in my life: my dad and Czy!

"Yeah. I'll be fine Pierre." I elaborated on the R, hoping that he get that I still don't like him. His lips creased, telling me he didn't like it. I smirked as mom moved in to hug me. I met her half-way and glared at Pierre over her back.

"We'll see you at home, sweetie." Mom whispered softly, pulling back as I smiled sweetly at her. They walked past me as a faculty staff approached me. She looked young and new, but she smiled at me.

"Miss Lefévre?" She asked still smiling, making me nod. "Please, allow me to direct you to your first class." She politely suggested, swinging her hand to the side as if to tell me to walk this way.