Chapter 2

Troy's POV

After school is over I walk over to Leigha's locker and lean my arm against it. She laughs and gives me a quick kiss before grabbing her books and throwing them in her bag. I take her bag once she's done and close her locker before taking her hand. As we walk out of the school, I stop in the computer lab where I know Noah will be.

"I'll see you guys later at Ernie's," I tell him.

"Okay. Keep your eyes out for anything weird."

"I always do," I smile and walk past Emma and Gia's lockers.

"See you at Ernie's in 10?" Emma asks.

"No. I'm going with Leigha to pick up her little sister and then we're going to her house. I'll be Ernie's in a bit," I explain.

"Oh okay. Have fun," Gia smiles.

"Tell Jake?"

"Sure," Emma says and I smile.

"They seem cool," Leigha says quietly.

"They are. They were the first friends I made when I came here," I explain.

"Must be our thing. I met Emma and Gia yesterday at the mall."

"Must be," I look down at her and give her a kiss.

"God I've missed you."

"No need to call me God. Troy will do just fine," I joke with her, and she rolls her eyes.

"But I'm serious. I've missed you so much, Troy."

"I've missed you too, Leigha. It's been a hard year," I sigh.

"I'm sorry! Parents?"

"That and well it's complicated. I'll explain when we get back to your house. Daisy's at Harwood Elementary, yeah?"

"Okay and yeah."

"Nice. We'll get there just in time," I smile as we walk over there.

Just as the bell rings, we make it to the front of the school. Leigha wraps her arm around my waist and grabs one of my belt loops. I looks down at her and smile. She's so beautiful. Her long brown hair with auburn highlights. Her style hasn't changed at all. Red tight shirt with a criss-cross back, a pair of denim kapris, and red wedges with bows at the back. I can't wait to get back to her house just like old times.

"Daisy! Over here!" Leigha's voice pulls me out of my thinking. I see a mini copy of Leigha run over and jump into her arms.

"Leigha!"

"Hey, baby girl! Look who I found today! You remember Troy, don't you?"

"Troy!" Daisy squeals when she sees me and holds her arms out for me. I chuckle and take her from Leigha.

"Hi, sweetie! My have you grown! How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. How are you?"

"Much better now that I have both of you back in my life," I smile giving her forehead a kiss.

"I missed you, Troy," she says snuggling up in my neck.

"I missed you too, little sloth," I call her by the nickname Leigha and I have for here.

"Here, Daisy. Hop on my back. Troy's got both of our backpacks. He doesn't need you too," Leigha laughs pulling her off of me.

"Kay!" I help Daisy on to Leigha's back.

"Just for the record, Leigha, I would've been fine."

"I know but still," Leigha smiles at me and leans up to give me a kiss.