Chapter 23 || The Worst Day of My Life

Heads up! This is going to be a shorter chapter (hence the earlier update) because... well read on and you'll understand why! (:

Chapter 23 || The Worst Day of My Life

      Right on top of the glossy page was written : Colton spotted in Malaysia?

The worst part was not the fact that the article was written by the one and only Andrea Beckinson.

The worst part was the fact that they (whoever they are) had written this : Pictures provided by Arianna Winters

My face went pale as I tried to make sense of the situation. "I didn't do this." was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

"Are you sure? Cause if this isn't any prove that it was of your doing, I'm not sure what else is." Colton said firmly, all sense of his previous warmth dissipated.

"This wasn't me." I tried defending myself. "Look-"

"I can't believe you, Ari. Or should I call you Arianna now, huh?" Ray suddenly cut in.

It was too overwhelming. Do they not trust me enough to trust my words? I admit, at first I was helping Maria, but didn't I lose the assignment weeks ago?

"I-"

"I thought we were friends?" Colton asked softly.

Were.

My heart broke at that point. Can't they listen to what I have to say then judge whether I was wrong?

"I-"

My words were cut off by the ringing of my phone. I pulled it out and glanced at the caller. Liz.

"Hello?"

"Ari? You've got to come to the hospital quick!" she sobbed.

"What's wrong?" I immediately asked.

"I-It's mum." she sniffed softly.

"What's wrong?" I asked her again.

"She suddenly collapsed at about an hour ago. We sent her to the hospital and the doctor is examining her. It may be cancer, Ari."

My mouth went stale and I instantly rushed to the door. "I'm on my way."

I turned back to an expectant Ray and to a worried Colton. "I'm going to the hospital. I'll explain everything once I get back."

"No. Let us drive you there." Colton said.

I opened my mouth to refuse his offer when Ray cut in. "You'll get there faster."

I nodded, knowing that he was right. We went into Ray's car and sped off towards the hospital.

"The KL hospital right?" Ray looked to me from the rearview mirror for confirmation. I nodded.

Please be alright, I prayed. Please be alright.

...

Yes! A major cliffhanger! Why? Because I'm the nicest person on Earth! lol

Oh and don't forget to watch Dawn of The Planet of Apes! It's super duper cool!

Anywhos, hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share! :)

Have a great week!

Lots of love,

jinwen2509 xoxo ♥