Chapter 1 || The World Is Full Of Stereotypes

Dedicated to : @xxSomeMortalSoulxx Thank you so much for the constant support! You're amazing!

(Unedited)

...

"I don't know, why but with you I'd dance, in a storm in my best dress; fearless." - Fearless by Taylor Swift.

...

Chapter 1 || The World Is Full Of Stereotypes

      My boss, or a.k.a. the editor for the magazine wasn't actually that mean like all the bosses in the books. She wasn't as terrible and demanding as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada but she wasn't exactly the nicest person on Earth, either.

Sure, she barks my name all the time and calls me Anne because it was 'more proper' -which was weird considering Arianna was proper enough- but the pay was good. And something I desperately needed for college.

I tried to push open the revolving doors as calm and collected as I could.

Come on, Ari. Push.

It didn't budge.

Push harder!

I pushed with all my might, and smiled satisfactorily when I saw the familiar decór of the waiting room staring back at me. That is, until the back of the doors swung another 360º to hit me at my back.

I stumbled in my old heels -a must-have apparently if you were working at the magazine- and managed to cushion my sling bag with my entire body before falling onto the cold marble floor with an audible 'oof'.

People who were waiting at the waiting room looked over to see what the commotion was all about. Most of them took one look at my newly dyed blonde hair and instantly decided that I was one of those airheads and didn't even bother to help me up.

Stereotypical people.

If only they knew that I was secretly a brunette and that my hair was covered with cheap dyes bought from the local drug store.

"I see you had gotten yourself stuck there again."

I looked up to see Richardo, the security guard, grinning at me, obviously amused by my act of clumsiness.

Well, it wasn't an act, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I gave him a sarcastic grin and tried to stand up, which made him laugh even more before I swiped my pass and allowed myself to walk past the trying-very-hard-to-cover-her-laugh-with-a-cough receptionist. I pressed the elevator button and patiently waited until the familiar 'ding' was heard.

Act calm and professional.

I recited again and again in my head as I entered the lift and pressed the button to which floor I was going to.

Cups by Anna Kendrick was playing in the elevator and I fought the massive urge to pick up one of my heels and start doing the cup song in front of everyone who were practically giving me filthy looks after giving me a once-over.

The world is full of stereotypes.

"Ari! Take off those heels instantly! Wouldn't want you to get a Maria this early today!" my colleague and best friend, Andrea whispered at me when I walked into the buzzing office room.

A Maria is what we call getting a huge scolding from Maria herself. There are 3 phases to this. Phase 1 includes random spews of curses, phase 2 is the anticipation of needing to duck when there's random stationeries and files flinging at you and phase 3 is the constant threats to get fired.