Never Let You Go

"Rhea. I missed you. I've searched everywhere for you. Please what did I do wrong? Please tell me," He begged breathlessly. I glanced at the ground heaving a sigh.

"I missed you too, Liam. But we can't, I left for a good reason. A reason that is still standing, literally," I glanced at Della who had clamped on to Liam's right leg.

When we looked over at her she smiled brightly. "Mummy! Daddy! Do it again!" She said happily clapping her hands.

I laughed lightly while Liam looked at me confused and slightly dazed. "Mummy? Rhea, who?-- what?--Why? I don't underst--" I covered his mouth.

"She's my kid, that's why I left, Liam--"

"Because you didn't want me to find out that you cheated on me?" He angrily whispered.

"No. It was so you wouldn't leave your dream to take care of your child, Liam. She belongs to you too," I rolled my eyes. This is exactly why I took off in the first place.

Suddenly his frown grew into a bright smile. As if he had suddenly had an idea.

"You can both come live with me," He said, "And we can be a family, right Della?" He turned to the giggling girl and she nodded her head happily. She was just laughing because he smiled at her! Come on, even my two year old could resist the charm. 

"Liam, I don't think I am ready for that yet, I just.... I...." My daughter's pleading expression copied Liam's exactly.

"Please Mummy! I want Daddy!" She said tilting her head to the side, awaiting my answer.

And how, you ask, was I supposed to tell a little girl 'no'?

"Can we just talk about this really quickly? I have a lot to think about," I pleaded. Liam nodded, "Okay, you have to become her father, do you understand that? You can't go partying every night, you have to put your child before yourself and before everyone else too."

"Okay, Liam, there is no turning back after this, you're in it for the long run," I spoke sternly.

"I'm ready for her, Rhee. I can do this, I can take care of you and her, we can be a family." He said happily.

"Okay, I'm glad I could get that mean mummy persona out of the way, I'm going to back to our apartment and I guess pack a suitcase. Honestly, I need to go to the store and buy a suitcase large enough to fit mine and her necessities, so I will meet you wherever you're staying.

"Nope. I am going with you, she is, in fact, my daughter too, so I should have the right to go with her too, right?" He said slipping his hand slowly into mine.

"Fine," I said defeated.

I guided him to my car and he quickly sat on the passenger side. I buckled Della into her seat and then manuvered my way into the drivers seat before cranking the car.

*

"So, for old time's sake why don't we pull up the old You Tube and watch some Julian?" Liam asked after we had put Della to bed, she was in a travel crib at the moment, since I couldn't just drag my baby crib over here for her, I wasn't staying here permanently anyways.

"Rhee!" Liam snapped his fingers in my face.

"Sorry, I was thinking," I said sinking into the couch cushion next to Liam. His face glowed blue from the laptop screen.

"About what?"

I decide that telling him the truth was my best option, "Home."

"This is your home, Rhea," He said, throwing his arm around my shoulder.