Chapter 14: In the End

The crisis was over, and everything was back to normal. The Sixth Soul as a token of his appreciation for participating in trying to stop Zaroth revived all of Hero's friends, granting them a feast as a reward. Hero was stuffing his face with food while everyone looked concerned.

Hero: What? We just beat a God! We deserve to eat like this!

Zhaylen shrugged and followed behind him, eating in the same fashion. Yuki sighed to himself while everyone else laughed.

Sixth Soul: I believe you all did a mighty nice job against Zaroth and his demons. I can't believe how far you've all come. It's a shame I couldn't really be here but at least I can astrally project myself from where I am.

Hero: We should be thanking you. You pulled through for us when we were close to death. So thank you. I really hope you find Shen.

Sixth Soul: I will, even if I have to check through every universe.

The warmhearted smile from the people around him would be enough for Six. He got up and walked away, fading in a blue light. Hero ran up to him.

Hero: HEY, WAIT!

Sixth Soul: Huh?

Hero: How come you don't have a name but everyone else does?

Sixth Soul: I never had anything good. Nothing to represent me. But after today, now I do.

Hero: What is it?

Sixth Soul: Roku.

Hero: Roku. I guess that's an alright name.

Roku: Best I could come up with on the spot.

They'd both share a laugh before the newly named spirit, Roku, departed from this world.

Hero: You know, I learned something today. My many successes at saving the Earth led me to believe that I could do it no matter what happened and that I'd always win. Now just knowing that there's one guy out there that I'll never catch up to no matter how hard I train just makes me less worried about if I can beat them, but if I can protect the Earth from them. I was ready to risk it all for our planet in my final moments. I'm glad to say I'm proud of myself for that. I'm especially proud of everyone who's helped me too. Everyone did amazing in their battles. We all played a role in keeping our homes safe, not caring about the danger we'd face. I think that's what being a savior is more than anything - not throwing caution to the wind just because you want to beat someone for recognition, not fighting just to show you're stronger deep down, but having everyone behind you, pushing you forward into succeeding rather than pulling you back to fail. Roku gave me that push as much as my friends did. Without everyone here, I'd be lost, and probably end up like how Jackal or Rogue was. I'm happy to always say that this is my home. My family.

[Years Later]

A new warrior traveled through a forest, swinging from tree to tree, her body appeared to be a woman's, and she was carrying a sheathed sword with her. Each swing brought her closer to home, but she would stop, noticing a giant figure in the distance, threatening a group of small animals.

Man: What's the matter, wildlife atrocities? Wouldn't you like to be in my stomach right now?

He'd intimidate them by patting his belly.

Woman: Hey, ugly!

Man: What?

The large man turned his sights over to the girl.

Woman: What's your name?!

Man: My name is Wortus.

Woman: What kind of name is that? Eh, I suppose it fit anyway. Ugly name, ugly guy.

Wortus: YOU DARE INSULT ME, WENCH!?

In a fit of rage, he threw his fist down at her, but she'd avoid it by jumping up, then proceeding to run up his arm and perform a spin before kicking him in the face. She corkscrewed to the floor, landing on both her feet, thumbing up at her nose.

Wortus: YOU DARE ASSAULT ME!? DIE!

Again, she'd avoid his punch by side-stepping, taking a runner's stance before springing upwards to him and punching straight at his forehead, sending a shock into his skull causing him to stumble back, falling into the trees behind him. The girl who incapacitated him landed on top of his chest, smiling with her arms crossed.

Woman: By the way, the name's Matsuri.

The girl leaped back up to the trees, as the animals waved goodbye to her, thankful for what she had done for them. After tree jumping for a while, Matsuri finally reached home, walking inside, throwing her sword to a nearby table. Yoza had been in the kitchen cooking their dinner while Hero was out elsewhere.

Matsuri: I'm home!

Yoza: Welcome home, Matsuri. How was your trip back here?

Matsuri: Oh, you know...the usual.

She'd smile at Yoza, her mother, who'd do the same. Matsuri walked into her room and jumped right into her pillow, ruffling up the bed. She'd turn over and stare at the ceiling in a laid back, chill position.

Matsuri: Damn, I'm good.

[The End!]