Chapter 5: Web of Darkness

Yuki hunched himself over and placed his palms on the ground, focusing his own energy onto the floor while Lok ran towards him with a sinister look in his eyes.

Yuki: Hmph!

The floor instantly became coated in a field of ice, but Lok didn't mind it as he already knew the abilities Yuki possessed. In just moments, the ice began to rise around Lok's feet, but he'd use his strength to overcome it and lunge at Yuki. His speed started picking up in mid-air. Just in the nick of time, Yuki's ice reacted on its own and built a wall in the path of Lok. It didn't stop him however as Lok was determined to break through the wall with his punch to it.

Yuki: There's no way he can-

A sound had cut him off. It was the noise of the ice wall breaking down.

Yuki: What?!

Lok: Your pesky, little defense won't shield you from me!

With the wall broken down, Yuki was exposed. He'd swipe up his leg to send a block of ice from the floor into Lok's jaw. The block shattered on impact and caused Lok's head to tilt back. He stood in Yuki's presence, seemingly stunned by it. Lok moved his head back down and laughed at Yuki, beginning to start throwing punches at him. Yuki countered each of his punches by leaning in the opposite directions of where Lok's fists would come to and pushing away his arms as well. He nailed him with a quick gut punch that slid Lok across the ice floor, quickly trapping his lower body in ice.

Yuki: Now I'll end this!

Energy engulfed Yuki's fist as he ran for Lok to deliver the final blow. Strangely, Lok wouldn't make an attempt at moving. That is until a spider leg grows out of his back and struck threw Yuki's shoulder.

Yuki: WHAT!?

Lok: Did you really think I'd let a mere mortal like yourself defeat me!?

Another spider leg grew out of Lok's back, striking the ice trapping him and breaking it.

Lok: I'm gonna enjoy bathing this forest in your blood!

The second spider leg Lok grew out from his back cocked back and charged for Yuki's head. Yuki quickly grasped the end of it. The leg would keep trying to push through his grip, and it was slowly succeeding.

Lok: Your strength pales in comparison to mine!

Yuki: Shut! Up!

Yuki would swing up his leg and send over spikes of ice at Lok. He knew this would force Lok into retreating quickly, taking the spider leg out of his shoulder. Two more spider legs grew out and knocked away the spikes with a gust of wind as they swung through the air. Lok smiled again, looking more sadistic. He could feel his power returning as his skin darkened with a grey color. His hair grew out a bit more while his teeth sharpened into fangs. Lok's nails sharpened themselves as well and his transformation was complete with the glow of red in his eyes.

Lok: Finally, my power has returned. You'll now face my true form: Arachnis!

Lok, now Arachnis, circled around Yuki with his newfound speed.