11) Emery Outside

[Author's Note:

{5.20.2013} Just edited through and fixed a few little things

X-Men Characters In This Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), and Shadowcat (Kitty)

OCs: Panther (Emery), Mr. Dorbstein, unnamed school nurse, Chet, and jealous bitches that I didn't give names cause they're not important]

"Emery I'm sorry," Kurt said for the thirtieth time.

He had teleported to her room, and had been patiently sitting on her bed when she arrived all out of sorts. Purple sparks were flying around her where the air touched her and even more so where her feet touched the ground. She had taken one look at him on her bed, turned around, and walked away. He got up to follow her, considering he had no idea where she would head now, but halfway down the main stairs Kitty caught his arm.

"Come here for a second," she urged.

"But Kätzchen," he stammered.

"No buts, I like, need to talk to you."

So he had no choice really but to go with Kitty. Maybe giving Emery a little time would help.

It hadn't.                                     

"Emery," he pleaded, surprised she hadn't attacked him, anyone else, or gone mental like she had last time something like this came up. It seemed she was learning fast how to roll in her emotions and therefore her powers. It had only been two weeks since Emery's arrival, but her progression was quick and painless.

Emery reached for a plate. It was around two o'clock on Sunday, and Emery was starving. She knew where the sandwich supplies were by now and commenced in making herself a bologna sandwich.

"Emery, vhy does it bother you so much? Haven't you seen other guys' minds?"

She dropped the plate she was holding. Kurt's hand caught it before it hit the ground. He placed it onto the counter.

"I have," she said shortly.

"Dann vhy did mine bother you? I don't even know vhat you heard or saw, but I vasn't thinking of anything that bad."

He recalled what he'd been thinking about. Her voice was beautiful; he could listen to her all day. He wanted to kiss those lips, that throat that made such a wonderful sound. He wanted to hear her make sounds of pleasure too. Gott, that must be vhat she freaked out about, Kurt thought.

He pulled out of his thoughts just to catch a glimpse of Emery leaving the kitchen.

"Herr hilf mir," he whispered before following her out the door.

Neither one of them said a word until they were situated on the couch in the living room. Oddly, no one was in there. Emery turned the TV on to the USA channel. Kurt sat cross-legged watching her eat her sandwich and ignore him. When she was done eating, he said:

"Emery, I can't read your mind like you can read mine, you vill need to talk to me about things for me to understand und or help."

She placed the dish on the end-stand and turned to look at Kurt. Well that was a step forward, Kurt thought. She crawled towards him until he was leaning back against the arm of the couch, with her cuddled against his chest. Now he was really confused.

'I can't tell you.'

She was in his brain.

'Why not?'

'It's personal.'

'Personal embarrassing or personal inappropriate?'

'Bit of both.'