3.

Author's pov:

Unable to sleep, she sighed for the nth time knowing that he too was wake yet. The night was as clear as crystal clear water with stars decorated upon it like pearls shining in the darkness, the Barking of dogs was clearly invading through the silence of the night. Moonlight pouring down from the opened window wasn't enough to see anything. She slowly opened her eyes to meet with wandering dark. Her sight waded through the room and returned with nothing. All the memories that she was struggling to escape from, gushed through tears in her eyes. All this time when she struggled, how painful and suffocating she felt. She wiped away the freshly flowed tear from her cheek with the back of her hand and suppressed the muffled hiccups in her mouth.

"you can hug me if you're having a hard time to sleep" his voice vibrated in the vacant room. She sniffled. "Not in a pervert way this time". And without having any second thought, she turned around and wrapped her arm around his torso and snuggled into his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears.

"it's okay, now sleep" his voice was calming down her mind, soothing her soul. With that, he patted her hair and engulfed her in his arms letting her feel finally at peace. "Thankyou" were the only word which left her mouth before she let herself fall into her slumber.
---

The sun hasn't risen up yet the skyline was marked with redness. The rays were beaming above the horizon, signifying the appearance of sun anytime soon. The birds chirped, slightly cool breeze blew. The girl squirmed in her sheets on the mattress and slowly opened her eyes and rubbed her eyes with the back of her knuckles. she then sat up, finding only herself on the mattress. no signs of Jimin. Mindlessly, she looked around and her eyes stopped at the cracks of ceiling, stared at a crack for a few seconds and then eventually those seconds turned into minutes. the crack was interesting to stare at but she snapped out of her anguished thoughts by the constant knocking at the door. she hastily got up, running her fingers through her hair to look presentable at least, stepping close to the door she opened it at the brightly smiling lady.

"Good Morning" she flashed her an enthusiastic smile which she only returned with her almost non-existent smile. smiling was after all the hardest task for her to do. "Good Morning" she greeted back.

"Did you sleep well last night?" again a wave of the incident happened last night, flashed across her mind, making her shudder internally. she didn't answer to her question. "It must have been uncomfortable for you, right?" the lady spoke with quite gloominess in her tone.

"No, no it is nothing like that. we are really thankful that you letting us to live here. we are sincerely grateful to you for that" she briskly spoke and bowed down to show her gratitude towards the old couple.

"Its okay. Now freshen up. The breakfast is almost ready. your husband must be waiting for you at the table" she said placing her hand on her shoulder with utmost gentleness in her demeanour. she nodded and followed behind her to the little bathroom in the corner, at the end of the other room.

---

Entering the hall, kathy bowed a little to the old man sitting at the right side of the table, on the floor. Her eyes then stopped at jimin who was sitting on the opposite side to the old man, wearing a plain blue t-shirt with darker jeans. his eyes promptly turning into crescent shaped moon, puffing up her cheeks. his cute being unavoidably attracted her. Folding her heart, she moved and sat beside jimin. "Good morning" he sweetly smiled again and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear letting the hue of red colour to sweep over her cheeks. But again, like everytime she didn't greet back.

The woman looked at her with narrowed eyes. she too noticed her behaviour. "kathy, is something wrong? you don't really look good. did you two have some kind of argument?" she smiled as she served them their routinely breakfast. "And you aren't even wearing your wedding ring" she pointed to her hand that were placed on her laps.