ten

Caden's P.O.V.

Simon and I walked towards our neighborhood, careful to not to walk close to each other so no one would suspect anything. I am still not sure at all about anything in this whole situation, anything except how comfortable I feel around Simon. We should probably have a proper talk; not like the small conversations we have had at school, or a kiss-and-run, or a tear-flooded sob conversation. We should have a person to person about all of this mess. This mess that I've made.

"Caden?"

"Yeah?"

"What are w-we going to do? I mean, I already know I'm as g-gay as the day is long; I also knew y-you weren't, " he said, pointing to me ,"But then you kissed me and d-don't regret it, so I'm even more c-confused than ever."

"I know Simon. This is a mess."

"And my mother knows I'm gay, but hardly accepts it. At least she let's me live at home still. She thinks I'm a disgrace, and that I can 'pray the gay away'." Simon was so worried his voice had stopped faulting when he spoke.

"My parents have no concerns about me even remotely liking a guy, much less since my most recent break up with Tessa." Tessa was my homecoming date, but she was extremely judge-mental and uptight, so I stopped the relationship the night of the dance, which was a six weeks ago.

"Caden."

"What?"

"Nothing. I just like being able to say your name and you answer."

I can't take this anymore. He is just too....too....well.....HE IS JUST TOO CUTE, OKAY?

I grabbed Simon's hand and started to run, making sure we went fast enough to not be recognizable.

.

After a few more minutes of running down the sidewalk, we made it to my house. My parents weren't going to be back from work for another hour or just about, so I unlocked the door and shoved Simon inside.

I told him which door upstairs was mine, and made him go up there. Then I ran into the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of cola and prepared two bowls of ice cream; I remember Simon once telling me about how he loves rainbow sorbet ice cream during one random conversation at school, and I was glad my parents had just bought some. I can remember the stupidest things. Well, it did come in handy. Upstairs I heard a door open, and then ran up the steps, arms full. Simon was sitting on the floor in my room. I handed him a coke and a bowl.

"You remembered m-my favorite," he smiled up at me, with his gorgeous little smile, "Th-thank you."

"No problem. Now, we were talking?"

"R-right. Do we even know what we want? W-what we want to do about, well, us? But first, why did you drag me all t-the way here?"

Why did I drag him all the way here?

Wait, I think I know why.

I think I know the answer to all our questions now.

"Because I. I wanted to do this." I pulled Simon off the ground and into my lap and kissed him. Both of our eyes were closed this time. No playing it off as drunk now. Before either one of us could take control and deepen the kiss, the front door unlocked. Simon scrambled off of me as someone started up the stairs. His eyes were almost as wide as they were last night. I opened the closet door, pushed Simon in on top of my clothes, and slammed it shut just as my mom opened the door.

"Oh, hello Caden! How was your day?"

"Hi mom. It was good." I tried to speak without sounding breathless.

"I'm going to start dinner." She chirped and shut the door.

"God, that was close." I whispered.

I pulled my hand through my short hair, and opened the closet door.

"Simon, climb out the window. You're lucky my room is on the mezzanine. You can climbed down the tree and run home through the gate."

Simon shook his head and started out the window. He climbed into the tree and slid down. The gate was open, and he made it out without being seen.

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

Text from: Simon
I made it out okay.

Text to: Simon
Good. I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay? Don't avoid me or anything like those stupid chick flicks where one person avoids the other because they think they aren't good enough or something stupid. Okay? Okay.

Text from: Simon
I won't. No matter what I think, I promise I won't avoid you Caden.

Text to: Simon
Good. (:

Text from: Simon
I know it's early, but I have to sleep. G'night.

Text to: Simon
Goodnight, handsome. (;

Whoa, being flirty is weird. I mean, I'm a master flirt, but it is so hard to do it with Simon.

Settings>Contacts>Simon>Change Name>Change to 'Simon<3'>Save Changes?>Save