six

Caden's eyes were wider than the moon. As soon as he felt the warmth of my blush under his hands, his breathing slowed down to quiet feather weight breaths.

It all happened so fast.

He was so close I could see the tiny specks of midnight blue that dotted his irises and the various shades of lipstick that stained his cheeks. His lips parted a little as he leaned forward a bit. I could feel is breath on my face. It carried the tang scent of beer. The laughing in the halls seemed to have disappeared, and the moon light stretched across the room. Caden caught the my eyes had wandered to the moons reflection, and squeezed my face a little. I looked back at him, and he closed the gap.

His eyes closed and mine opened wider than his had been before. His lips were soft, and unusually shaped. They were thin and gentle, with an underlying roughness that wanted more. The hands on my face slowly pulled away as my eyes closed. I turned my face to accommodate for the height difference, and began to fall forward on the bed.

Caden was gone. He ran through the door and slammed it.

I was stunned. I sat in silence for five minutes I got up and ran out the door after him, through the party, and out the front door.

Caden's car was gone.

I left him a voice mail; I ran all the way home before crashing into my bed, confused tears blurring my vision.