Chapter 1: The Introduction

~Warning:
Rated T for use of mildly strong language and mild blood. If you are uncomfortable with any of this, don't read. Thank you.~

It's eight in the morning - the perfect time to get up. Leo opens his eyes. He loves being one of the first people to get up.

The morning light shine through the curtains of his single window. He's actually one of the few Zodiac Signs to even have a window. Some of the others do not like the brightness of the rising sun while others just enjoy their privacy.

Leo jumps out of his warm bed that was stitched with drawings of fire and lions to symbolize his sign. He pushes the curtains out of the way, letting the light brighten up his bedroom. He smiles.

Today is the day!

The Zodiac Signs had been divided into three parts when they were still small children. This was done to organize the Signs as to not leave them running around in chaos. Leo understands this, for he has been told this many, many times.

There are three caretakers that are the managers for each group - Sun, Moon, and Rise. Sun is the caretaker of Leo's group, sent to protect the Signs like the other two, but Leo doesn't know the other two caretakers. He never talked to them!

Because the Signs live more on the spiritual plane than they do on the physical plane, they technically do not have genders - but they can still have preferences.

Leo opens his cabinets to get ready for the big day. His clothes are white and gray with red markings to show that he is a fire sign. Each element has their own color. Fire signs have fiery orange and red markings, earth signs have forest green and brown markings, air signs have mystic purple and black markings, and water types have, of course, ocean blue and white markings.

He looks into the mirror to fix his brown hair that always puffs up whenever he falls asleep. He catches his own reflection's amber eyes and smiles. He had always liked how his eyes captured the light and shined.

Just as Leo had finished patting his hair down, somebody knocks on his closed door.

"Come in!" he calls automatically.

The door opens and he's greeted by two faces - one nervous and one uncertain.

"Gemini, Virgo, it's nice to see you! How do you guys feel about the meeting?" Leo asks as he closes the door behind him.

"Well.." Gemini sighs a sigh that quickly turns into a nervous laugh. "I'm kind of nervous."

"Yeah," Virgo murmurs shyly. "It's going to be the first time that we meet the other eight.."

"Aw, come on, guys, brighten up!" Leo laughs. "I wonder how they are like? Their personalities, I mean."

Gemini shrugs. "We'll find out soon."

"Come on, idiots!"

A faint, yelling voice echoes down the hallway.

Leo chuckles. "Looks like Scorpio's up."

Gemini smiles, shaking his head.

"Well, we should get going." Virgo starts down the hallway towards the Meeting Room. Leo has only been there once when he was a small kid. That was when the Signs first got separated.

Gemini follows Virgo down the hall with Leo in tow. As they walk down the corridor, they see Scorpio standing in front of the Meeting Room door.

Scorpio has his ear against the door, most likely listening to whatever is beyond.

Gemini blinks. "Dude, what are you doing?"

Scorpio straightens up. "I don't hear anything interesting. I guess they're not there yet."

Zodiac Signs - Way of the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara