sixth.

taeyong.

"I see you've made a new friend, Taeyong," Mom remarks beside me while I chew on some fried fish, and I almost choke on my food from the sudden question. Good thing my Dad's quick at passing me a glass of water.

"Really?" Dad asks, surprise very evident in his voice. He points his fork at me. "I haven't seen any girls here, though. You hiding a secret from us, boy?"

Mom gives him a look, but I know Dad was only joking. Before I could speak up, Mom does it for me instead. "It's the boy from next door."

"Dong Sicheng?"

"The pink-haired kid?"

Grandpa and Dad ask at the same time, and I nod at the two of them. Both have distinctly different expressions on their faces, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what Dad feels about me hanging out with a "pink-haired kid." Grandpa, on the other hand, suddenly looks so solemn, like he's remembering something very sad, but there's a little smile on his wrinkly lips to contrast what his eyes tell me.

"That boy's a very nice child. But alas, everyone has their flaws..." he says almost to himself, and I could only look at him with furrowed brows, trying to understand. Is he talking about Sicheng being deaf?

Sometime later, when I finally have forgotten the food on my plate, I turn to my Dad. I see him looking straight at me with that odd expression yet again. "Is that a millenial thing? You know, dying your hair pink?"

"Come on, Daesung." Mom practically has her arms crossed by now. "You're still talking about that?"

Dad shrugs his shoulders, but I know what he's talking about. I know what he's trying to tell me with that gaze.

Perhaps he doesn't want to fight with Mom right now so he shuts his mouth. Or maybe I'm just overthinking things.

"I'm going upstairs," I tell them after a while.

"But you haven't even finished your food!"

"I'm full."

And I run to my room, lock it, then throw myself at the bed.

I'm not sure what Dad was thinking exactly, but I'm sure about one thing: He's judging Sicheng.

And it just makes me so mad. I don't even know something could make me this worked up. Right now I'm just breathing heavily with closed eyes, trying so hard to calm down.

Taeyong, maybe you shouldn't be too concerned about a person you just met?

Maybe.

I stand up and head to my window, just looking straight ahead and expecting something — someone, you know you're expecting someone — from the window across mine.

I see Sicheng. He smiles immediately after seeing me.

Maybe Dong Sicheng isn't just a boy I just met.

His smile makes me forget a lot of things.

I smile back and hope he feels the same way too.

» » »

author's notes

another month has gone before i posted this update and i'm so sorry ugh.

i think you all know the problem taeyong and winwin will face in the future now... what do you guys think ehe

please stay tuned for more updates~