fifth.

taeyong.

'Do you know how to play basketball?' I ask Sicheng, grinning a bit as we sit by their porch under the morning sun. He gives a small smile, his round, dark eyes crinkling at the sides before he shakes his head at me. I nod my head.

'I rarely ever leave our house.' He replies, then he sighs after setting his hand back down to his lap. I subconsciously study his physique; now that we're really up close I could see how thin his arms look, how pale his skin is. I've always been the pale one compared to Jaehyun and Doyoung, but Sicheng's complexion is levels above mine. It's as if the sunlight never really had the chance to hit his body.

He catches me looking at him, and I avert my eyes away, blushing a little. Sicheng then nudges me and when I look back, I see him raising his brows, maybe feeling inquisitive after all that gaping I've done. I clear my throat and try to come up with something that doesn't sound weird. 'Do you ever want to go outside? Explore a little, maybe?'

That's the best thing my mind could conjure, and although it's stupidly cliché, it does make Sicheng forget about what's happened earlier. I close my eyes and secretly sigh in relief.

Sicheng looks up, and his rosy bangs fall back to his eyes as he does so. My hand twitches at my side, almost wanting to brush away that strand of hair from his face. But wouldn't that be weird though? I ultimately settle into staying still.

'Of course I want to.' He avoids my gaze but quickly realizes that he needs to study my reaction as he signs his next words. 'I know it's childish, but I just want to play and have fun, you know?'

'Yeah, no worries. I understand.' I nudge his shoulder with mine, and his hand automatically reaches out to the spot that I hit. He curiously looks into my eyes, his raised brows awaiting what I'll say next. 'We could have fun, you know. You've gained a friend this summer.'

I grin at him again. With the biggest smile in the world, he signs back to me.

'Awesome.'

» » »

author's notes

after a month i'm finally back again. hopefully the next updates would be more frequent 😣

thanks for reading!!