Epilogue

"Lauren? Lauren, wake up!"

Lauren felt someone shaking her awake, causing her to wince.

"Oh, my magic sparkle! I'm so sorry! I'll stop that now."

Lauren's eyes slowly opened, her slightly blurry vision clearing up to see her mother hovering over her.

"You placed your arms and head on the kitchen table once you told about how you felt insecure about your mission, then you just passed out! You had me worried sick! Are you okay?" Her mother asked concern buried deep within her slightly shaky voice.

Lauren shuddered. "I'm fine, mama..."

"Lauren...don't lie to me. As your mother, I can clearly sense something is wrong."

Lauren then started to sob and shake. "I'm sorry, mama!" She cried. "It's just the memories..."

Isabella frowned, stroking her daughter's hair. She hated seeing Lauren like this. "My poor baby...Do you want to talk about it?"

Lauren shook her head, burying her face into her mother's shoulder. "N—No..."

"It's okay, my dear. Those memories are far behind you now," Her mother cooed.

"But mama—" Lauren tried to argue, her voice shaking extremely.

"Lauren. It'll be alright."

Lauren sobbed into her mother's shoulder. "I'm sorry, mother. I'm such a disgrace."

"One: there's nothing to apologize for and two: don't ever call yourself a disgrace. You are perfect and special just the way you are, my little angel."

"I'm putting the burden of memories onto your shoulders as well as mine. I should...keep quiet now..."

"Lauren."

"What?!" Lauren asked quickly. "Why should it matter to you?"

"Because I am your mother, Lauren, and I truly do care about the struggles you went through when banished to the human world," Isabella explained to Lauren softly.

Lauren rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, looking down at her lap.

"Lauren, look at me, please," Her mother begged.

Tears started to roll down Lauren's cheeks again as her bottom lip began to quiver.

Isabella pulled her daughter into a tight hug, rocking her gently. "It's alright, my dear," she cooed. "Cry it all out."

The two of them stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Isabella letting her daughter cry as much as she needed. When Lauren could cry no more tears, she looked up at her mother and asked, "What was it like before me?"

Isabella looked down at her daughter, confused slightly. "Elaborate on that, please."

"Like, how did you meet dad? What was Nathan's birth and upbringing like? How was the twins' birth and upbringing like? How did Nathan's disappearance impact you in the beginning? What did you do in all the years that I was missing? I want to know more about you and your history," Lauren explained.

Isabella smiled, sitting Lauren down in her own chair again.

"Well then, sit down dear and let me tell you."