Chapter 2: Mel: Definition of Evil Magic

"Oh no..."

Lauren felt her breathing pick up as she shook a little with fear. Her thoughts were running wild with the memories of all the weird dreams she was having over the past nine years of her life. She held a hand to her head as she stood rigid with fear, panic, and confusion.

Fear because she wasn't ready for this.

Panic because she didn't know what to do.

Confusion because she didn't know how Mel had found her at all.

Lauren squeezed her eyes shut, her skin turning pale a little, yelping as a hand landed on her right shoulder.

"Lauren? Girl, calm down!" Lauren's best friend, Bella, shook Lauren slightly by the shoulder. "It's okay. I'm sure she'll leave." Bella cooed, turning Lauren to face her. Bella had a gentle, comforting smile on her face, keeping a firm grip on Lauren's shoulders so the girl couldn't run or try to hide.

"She won't leave without hurting one of us," Lauren replied quickly, looking over at Mel from the corner of her eye. "Please understand that!" She pleaded.

Bella furrowed her brows. "How do you know? Nobody knows who this person is; I think you're getting a little traumatized from this. Just relax, starting with your head, then shoulders, abdomen, and then legs and feet."

Lauren couldn't relax. Her mind was racing and she couldn't calm herself. "Nothing's okay. You have to believe me when I tell you that she's not going to leave until she hurts one of us!"

"Woah, woah, woah! Okay, okay, okay! Just...calm yourself; stop panicking." Bella wrapped her arms around Lauren's shoulders, pulling her close to her in the form of a hug. "We'll get through this."

Silence.

That's what it felt like between the two girls for a couple minutes as Mel just kept on talking to the principal and the rest of the school about her plan and mission, about how she's desperate to find this girl.

"But I guess if she won't show herself...

...I'll just have to pick on one of your other students."

Lauren felt the lump in her throat that she completely forgot about grow, and she felt like her heart stopped for a moment. "No..." She sighed, dropping her head.

"Bella?" She eventually said.

————

"Yes?" Bella questioned once Lauren said something, pulling away from Lauren a bit, her hands still on her shoulders. She could see Lauren's almost blank face and she couldn't help but worry for her best friend.

"Can I tell you a secret? Well...it won't be a secret from everyone else for long."

"Okay...?" Bella sounded hesitant, rubbing Lauren's shoulders in hopes that it'll calm the other girl down and in some way support her.

"See that fairy?" Lauren asked, sneakily pointing over at Mel. After getting confirmation from Bella in the form of a nod of the head, she continued, "Her name is Mel. She's the evil fairy queen, and the archenemy of the fairies of a fairy kingdom called Magicant. She—"

Bella, right then and there, cut Lauren off. "How do you know all of this?"

"I'm getting to that. Anyways, she has come looking for someone like she said," Lauren moved to whisper in Bella's ear. "And I know who she is looking for.."

"Who?"

"Do you really want to know?"

———————————————————————

No...comment..?

|Miss Shaybug|