Chapter 20: Comfort from Mom

Lauren stared at her vision journal blankly as she dropped her pencil. How had she not known that her first vision was practically seeing herself being banished to the human world?

Chief Adam must have noticed her change in attitude and looked up at her, raising an eyebrow at her shocked look as she stared at her notebook pages. "Is something wrong Lauren?"

Lauren flinched, looking up at Adam. "C-Can you...Can you read this?" She held her journal out to him.

"Princess...It wouldn't be polite to read someone else's writing.."

"I'm telling you to do it, so do it."

Lauren frowned when Adam kept just standing there, not moving.

"That is an order," Lauren stated.

Adam sighed, walking towards Lauren and taking the journal from her. "If you insist..." He flipped to the first page and started reading, narrowing his eyes in slight confusion.

Lauren watched as Adam read about her vision, biting on the nails that were on her left hand slightly.

"Lauren...this is...exactly what happened the day you were banished from the fairy world. You were literally teleported out of the fairy world and we found you in the middle of a grassy field in the human world before we flew around to find humans that would adopt you."

"Are you serious? I thought that was my mind being crazy dramatic.."

Adam shook his head. "Nope, not at all. This is all true. I can't believe your first vision was about your banishment!"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," Lauren rested her head in her hands. "After that night is when I started to get real suspicious about where I came from."

Adam nodded, handing Lauren back her notebook. "It's strange, but it is logical."

Lauren gently took her notebook from Adam, standing up and grabbing her wand. "Yeah...I guess if you do think about it, it does make some sense."

"You ready to handle the day? You look exhausted..." Adam pointed out after staying silent for a few moments.

"I'll be fine," Lauren reassured, heading to the door. "I've had worse days."

Adam was quiet then sighed, following her. "Alright, if you say so."

They got outside her room and Adam shut the door behind the two of them.

"You can go off and do anything you need to Adam," Lauren smiled faintly. "I'll just be staying in the palace today."

Adam gave a quick bow. "If that's what the princess wishes, then alright. Take care, your highness!" He said before walking off in the opposite direction that Lauren was planning on going.

Lauren sighed once she saw Adam turn a corner before turning around and heading in the opposite direction, making her way through the palace slowly. She made her way to the surprising empty and quiet dining room, which she didn't mind since she was still kind of tired and didn't feel like dealing with any other fairy. She sat down in one of the chairs, deciding to write about more of her not so important visions and doodle a little. She was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice or hear her mother walk in until she placed a hand on Lauren's shoulder, causing Lauren to yelp quietly.

Queen Isabella quickly pulled her hand away. "Sorry dear, I didn't mean to scare you," she pulled up a chair beside her daughter. "What are you doing?"

"Writing in my vision journal," Lauren replied simply and almost blankly, staring down at the writing on the white pages.

"Are you alright?" Isabella questioned. "I know you had a rough night."