I groaned, getting off his lap to kneel next to him. “Ian, don’t tell me it’s nothing. What happened?”

            “Babe…” He sighed when he realized I wasn’t going to budge. “Some people thought I should’ve told them my plans about marrying you before we got married since my image affects them as well.”

            “What image? You’re married. People have been getting married for centuries in weird ceremonies and shit. They’re talking as if you suddenly decided to stop funding to help sick kids and feed people and help people all over the world. Then that would be something to worry about. Why’s it so hard for people to mind their own business? That’s—ouch! You bit me?”

            “Yes,” Ian said laughing. “I love when you get like that.” His expression changed after awhile. “If they understood what we have…if they just knew how we felt about each other no one would have anything to say. They wouldn’t care.” His voice was softer and he sounded a little broken. I took his hand in mine, whether for support or just to make sure I had his full attention, I wasn’t sure.

            “If they can’t see past their prejudice, no matter how small, they don’t deserve to know or understand. They’re not worth it.” Ian nodded, looking down at our hands as I played with his fingers. “I love you and I know you worry about me and all of this and how it’ll affect me or how I’ll handle it but I worry about you too. I want you to be happy.”

            He pulled his hand from mine to find my left hand and the rings on my ring finger, tracing them slowly. “I am happy. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. It started after the first time I spoke to you—your honesty…that mouth of yours—and it’s only gotten better since. It’ll be okay.”  Ian brought his feet upon the couch. I settled between his legs and rested my head in the crook of his neck. I felt unexplainably safe her especially with his arms around me. “I want to take a short nap before we have to get ready. I need you to say lying right here. You can have your wicked way with me later.”

            I snickered, playfully nipping the sensitive skin of his neck. “I will,” I promised.

            Ian laughed. “I love you too, by the way. And please don’t leave that bottle there.”

***

            Don had the night off because when I told Ian I was making reservations I didn’t mean we were just going for dinner. I wanted to take him out and treat him. He’s been through enough and he deserved it and so much more. So I had him give me set of keys and I drove us to the restaurant.  It was real nice and quiet and I knew no one would bother us. I called multiple restaurants to make sure of it. I wanted the night to go as peaceful and loving as possible.

            We had a nice dinner. Ian was all smiles and he even laughed. We ate off of each other’s plates and we got to touch each other and hold each other’s hands. No one in the world existed other than us.

            After dinner we went to the movies.  As we were walking towards the theater entrance, my husband put his arms around my waist, pulled me closer and I laid my head on his shoulder. It was the best feeling in the world. Man, I kissed him so hard. All he did was laugh when I pulled away.

            “I want so show you something,” Ian said when we got home. For the first time since we’ve been living together he brought me downstairs. It was beautiful. Everything matched the upper level. The only difference was it was more recreational, very open and it looked more comfortable. Upstairs was all…Ian. Down here had a little bit of…me. Oh! The surprise!

            “You did this for me.” I didn’t even have to ask.

            “Whenever we were away I had people here renovating it so you wouldn’t hear anything and get suspicious again. You can have Victor over and you both can enjoy it. I know you won’t trust anyone else here but as long as you’re enjoying it that’s fine. I know. Ollie, I know it wasn’t necessary. You know how I feel about my privacy and I didn’t know what else to do with it but make it suitable for you.”

             “This is your plan, huh?” I asked, wrapping his tie around my hand and pulling him in. “Just do extremely unnecessary sweet things to make me fall in love with you more and more?”

            “Yes. Definitely,” he mused. We both knew that wasn’t his intention because that would never work. It’s his heart and the fact that he thought about me with everything he does. It makes my heart clench in my chest. “When you look at me like that it makes me crazy.”

            That was all he said before my mouth was being ravished and my clothes was being ripped off piece by piece.

            “No fair,” I rasped when he pushed me on…I don’t even know what. It was comfortable and plush though. “You said I could have my wicked way with you.”

            Ian smirked. He looked behind him for a quick second before he took a step back. There was a loveseat behind him. He sat, legs open and inviting with an arm thrown over the back of it. Fuck.

            “Have your wicked way with me…love.”

            Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

A/N

Next chapter will be the epilogue/honeymoon. I know what I’m doing. It’ll make sense so don’t worry about me cheating you guys out of anything, alrighty?

P.S

I started a new story called Fortuitous. Check it out.

The Older Man (BoyxBoy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें