Chapter 11

Zayn's POV

We finally reach Harry's car and both buckle in. We sit in silence for a bit while Harry pulls out onto the street. The silence is suffocating, normally it's a happy silence one of comfort and warmth but right now it feels very cold and awkward. Not being able to take it anymore I decide to finally speak. "I'm really excited it's a girl." I say, and Harry just nods with a small smile on his face, so I continue. "I mean I didn't really have a preference you know? I was just nervous but knowing it's a girl is like a relief, so I guess I did have one after all. It's funny don't you think?" I ramble. He answers with a soft 'yeah' and continues driving.

We reach my house and I feel a bit sad. I wish we had a longer ride I wanted to talk to him more, but I guess the silence is all I get today.

"Well thanks for the ride I really appreciate it I never would've made it without you" I say. We exchange goodbyes and I exit the car. I turn around and peer in through the window, "So, I'll text you later?" I say trying one last time to get him to engage with me.

"Yeah sure I get out late though, so I may not answer" he says dryly and drives of with a final wave.

I walk to my front door and step inside. I can't understand why he was acting like that. Did I do something? Was he mad? Was it too weird for him? Maybe he doesn't want to be with a pregnant guy? My mind kept racing with all the possible reasons Harry was acting so strange. I am pulled out of thoughts by my rumbling stomach. Realizing I haven't eaten since breakfast I get up and make myself a sandwich with turkey, mustard, mayo, ketchup, pickles, olives and Nutella. I can't even believe I'm about to eat this right now but after my first bite its true bliss. I finish my sandwich and settle on the couch. I pick up the parenting book I was reading that Harry had given me.

I read for a few hours about the terrors of parenthood until I drift off dreaming of how easy it would be if I had Harry with me.

Harry's POV

After dropping off Zayn I head to work at the Café. The day goes by slow and all I can think of is Zayn. I don't know why I left it like that, I was so rude, and I really didn't mean to be it just happened. It wasn't because he snapped because I knew that wasn't really him, it was his nerves. But, his outburst did trigger me, and I began thinking of Darren. When Darren was pregnant with Liam he would constantly snap at me, Not in an angry way but in a loving way.

I remember how nervous he was, he just didn't know what to do with it, so he took it out on me and I let him, after all he had done not just for our family but the country he deserved to let off steam. He would just get irritated at little things; the nipples on the bottles, the temperature of the room, the way our dinner was made. But I loved him. Now I just miss Darren so much it hurts to think about him.

The rest of my shift I think about Zayn and all the things that we could be or could not be. Asking myself on a loop 'Am I ready?'

I finally get out and head to Lou's to get my boys looking forward to seeing them more than usual. They always manage to help me through days like this especially my Louis. He's so much like his father it's like we cloned him.

Its about 7 now, the boys have eaten and bathed and we are all in the living room.

"Daddy?" Louis calls.

"Yeah baby?" I ask looking into his bright blue eyes.

"Can we cuddle?" He asks innocently.

"Of course, babe get up here." I pull him onto the couch and he snuggles into my side. I see Liam out of the corner of my eye and he has a small frown on his face seeing Louis get all my attention, so I pick him up and place him on the other side. We all sit there cuddled tightly watching Nick Jr. For the first time in the whole day I can just relax and turn my brain off.

--------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know its short I just wanted to get something up for you.

I added some details about Darren for you guys let me know on the comments if you'd like more stories about Darren or even Andy? Maybe full flashbacks?

-amber