13.0 | Scooby Doo

// Dedicated to briloves234 for being my forever alone buddy and the newest adition to my list of baes. //

Author's Note:

**DISCLAIMER: I MEAN NO OFFENCE TO ANY GAY PEOPLE READING THIS. RICARDO'S GAYNESS IS EXTREMELY EXAGGERATED; AGAIN I MEAN NO OFFENSE.**

**DISCLAIMER II: ALL BALLET TERMS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE ALL COMMITTED FROM MEMORY. I APOLOGIZE IF A FEW THINGS ARE WRONG. I AM NOT AN EXPERT, SO GET OVER IT.**

*spice things up*

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Those thoughts haunted me as we drove away from the studio. I was already beginning to regret my decision. But it’s for the best… I convinced myself.

Three years later, present.

“Katrina? Katrina!”

I snapped back to reality.

“Why did you quit?” He repeated.

“I needed to focus on school.” I looked away. “And I fell out of love with dance.” That was probably the biggest lie I’ve told in my life.

“Oh.” He said disbelievingly, and muttered something along the lines of ‘bullshit’ under his breath.

“Yeah.” I cleared my throat awkwardly.

“Well I’ll leave you to warm up.”

I walked over to the row of hooks opposite the barre where other student had put their belongings. I put my duffel bag and backpack on a hook, pulled off my clothes and shoved them in. My leotard was already on (because Mandy and I had put ours on in the bathroom to avoid future awkwardness), so I wiggled into my tights, pulled up my wrap skirt and slipped on my ballet flats. I pull out my pointe shoes for later and walk over to the barre.

Ricardo tiptoed over to the door and continued greeting the students that entered.

Ring! The bell trilled as the last student made their way to the barre.

I stretched, almost subconsciously, just how I used to do at Studio 6.

“Well hello class!” Ricardo announced. “My name is Ricardo, and I’m the Contemporary Ballet teacher! If you don’t know what contemporary ballet is, it’s a form of ballet that incorporates both classical ballet and contemporary moves to create a unique form of dance. Ugh, what a shit ass definition.”

I mouthed everything he’d said, remembering it from heart, including the last part. A few people gasped at his language, while others just snickered.

“What? Like y’all have never heard those words.” He snapped his fingers and strutted over to the barre.

We continued to warm up, and I was entangled in a sort of nostalgic feeling as I did. “You’re really good. Do you take dance out of school?”

“I used to, but I stopped.” I explained. I couldn’t help but notice how masculine the voice sounded.

I turned to my left to look at the person, blushing when I saw it was in fact a guy. And he was very good looking, especially with his golden-brown eyes. Since when did all the guys get so hot? I wondered. Plus, those tights weren’t helping my blush one bit.

“Why?”

“Oh, um, school I guess.”

Right. That’s it.”