Prologue

Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones | Ages: 6

Betty's P.O.V:

I was sitting at a booth at Pop's with my older brother Sweet Pea, when we heard the bell from behind me, signaling that someone had just walked in. It looked like a little boy with his older sister. I was intrigued which was unusual as I kept to myself most of the time. I looked to my brother who looked just as intrigued except for a different reason. He was looking at the girl. She walked past our booth with a smirk on her face and the little boy waved to me. I gave him a smile and went back to my milkshake. They got in the booth right behind us and Pop Tate walked over to get their orders. The Girl says, " Can we get a basket of fries and two chocolate milkshakes?" He gave a warm smile and said, "Of course." And walked back into the kitchen. The boy was facing me and his sister had her back to my brother. The little boy had jet black hair that he covered with a beanie that looked like a crown. His ocean blue eyes are what captivated me. It was like I could see the ocean's waves roaring in his pupils. "Betty? Beettyy?" My brother was calling me. Snapping me away from my thoughts I looked back at him. "Yeah?" I asked. "Wanna do it?" "Do what exactly?" "Go sit with them!" "Uh.. I don't know we should probably let them eat." "Oh come on! Live a little B! Lets make some friends!" "Okay." I agreed. Before I could ask him when, he whipped his back around the chair sitting directly next to the girl. "Sweet Pea," He held out his hand. "Toni. Topaz." She answered. I got up and walked around to sit next to the little boy. I held my hand out and said, "Betty, Betty Cooper." He shook my hand and said, "Jughead, Jughead Jones." I thought about his name, wondering why it was so weird, but I liked it. "I like it! It's unique and captivating." I replied. From that a got a big smile to melt into his lips. I looked over to my brother who was now in a full on conversation with the girl. "That's my step sister." I heard from next to me. I smiled at him, as to where his smiled had melted away. Something happened with his parents... It was sad but I knew the feeling. I grabbed his hand as he looked up to me. His hands were soft like heaven, like I was meant to be holding them. "Do you wanna get outta here?" I asked looking into his oceans. He nodded his head yes and I smiled big. I slid out of the booth with him right behind me. As I passed my brother, he grabbed my hand, turning me to him. He gave me his sweet brotherly smile and said, "Be at the house in hour, if your not I'll start looking." I gave him my big sweet smile. And started walking out of Pops. As I opened the door he yelled back," And don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I giggled and yelled back, "And what would that be?" I ran outside knowing that he was probably gonna chase me for that comment. On the cement I grabbed Jugheads hand running into the forest, knowing exactly where I was gonna go. We were running for a few seconds when we came up to an old tree house. I heard crunching of the leaves from behind me knowing it was my brother. I sent Jughead up the ladder, giggling. I heard a lot of crunching and some laughter coming from a girl so I figured Toni came with him. As I got up to the third step I felt hands around my wait pulling me off and bring me into a hard chest. At this point I couldn't stop giggling. He pulled me to the ground tickling me uncontrollably. "Stop it!," I giggled, "Stop it Sweets!" I lay on the ground giggling as he stops to help me up. At this point I was breathing heavily. From behind him I see Toni with her arms crossed laughing at the sight. "Bye B." My brother said. "By Sweets." And with that I went up the ladder to meet a laughing Jughead. "What?" I asked. "Oh nothing, just you and your brother." I giggled at the thought of a 3rd person view of the sight. I set the timer in my treehouse for 45 minutes, knowing I'd have to walk home after that.