"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr. Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week." the teacher called but Jughead's eyes were on a smirking Cleo, his mind foggy with all sorts of thoughts. "See you later, Jug." Cleo winked before walking to class. She wouldn't see him again till the end of the day which made it all the more frustrating for Jughead.

-

    After school Cleo stood with Toni by the Serpents' motorcycles, waiting for the boys so they could see if they were all gonna hang out. They were talking about classes and how much better it was here than Southside. "We all going to the quarry?" Sweet Pea asked as he walked over with Fangs. It was a small body of water that they all swan in or threw parties on the beach. It was away from the rest of town so no one ever bothered them. "Yeah, we can have a little fun before we head out tonight." Cleo said. "Make sure the boys are ready." she told Sweet Pea, he nodded "Oh they will be, they wouldn't miss a chance to get back at these northsiders."

   Jughead walked towards his friends with a hard look on his face "Hey, Jug." Toni called seeing him walking over "Jug, what's up?" Cleo asked furrowing her brow at the look on his face, the way his jaw was set and his eyes never left hers. DId she do something wrong? Cleo opened her mouth to ask but before any words could come out Jughead grabbed her face in both his hands and smashed his lips to hers. 

      Cleo squeaked in surprise and pushed him back while the other three watched them with shocked but knowing smiles "Woah, what is this all about?" she asked, he never acted like this, especially in front of people. "Your house. Now." he growled and got on his bike letting the engine roar to life. A wide smile spread over Cleo's lips and her eyes drooped before throwing her leg over the back of the bike. "We'll see you guys later then?" Toni asked but they were already speeding out of the parking lot. Sweet Pea and fangs both laughed.

-

    Cleo laid on her back panting while Jughead lay beside her with a content smile "I should tease you in class more often." Cleo breathed. They spent the past few hours in Cleo's trailer, their clothes spread throughout the house. They barely made it in the front door the first time, by the third they had finally found their way to the bedroom. It was dark out now.

Jughead rolled his eyes at Cleo and she smirked and moved so she was straddling him. "Seriously, I don't know what brought this on but I like it." Jug moved his hand to her waist, tracing over the snake tattoo on her side "We haven't been alone since we started going to Riverdale." Jughead shrugged. It was true, Cleo was busy with serpent duties but Jughead had pulled away trying to sort his own issues out. 

    "Well....we both know I wasn't the reason." Jughead didn't meet her eye "Jug, tell me what's going on." she said softly. She put a hand to his cheek and tilted her head. "Is it because of Betty?" Cleo asked, Jug's eyes snapped to hers "What?" he was surprised "I see how you look at her, she bought you the type writtter...you two were in love. Are still in love..." she trailed off looking to his chest.

    "I just want to know if being back at Riverdale, back around Betty every day....if maybe you want to get back with her." Cleo was scared for his answer, she wouldn't admit that she had grown strong feelings for the Jones boy and that him leaving would probably break her heart in two. She was the tough Serpent girl she had a reputation to uphold.

Jughead's eyebrows furrowed and he sat up with her still in his lap "You think I would just leave you and go back to Betty?" he asked incredulously. "She's better for you. I wouldn't blame you if you did." Cleo shrugged. Jughead leaned forward and kissed her forehead "Listen, me and Betty do have a complicated relationship. Yes, we still have feelings for each other, but it's not the same." he shook his head.