Unlikely Friends

The next day Cleo met Jug and Betty at Pop's "You didn't call me last night, you okay?" Jughead asked searching for any injuries, she seemed to always show up with injuries. "I'm fine Jug, just got busy with Serpent stuff...don't worry." she smiled and sat next to Betty at the counter "Look at you all dressed up." Cleo said looking over FP behind the counter. He was in all white, a small hat on his head like he was a 1940's milkman. "Not another word, Cassidy, not another word." he threatened with raised brows, the kids all laughed.

The sound of a glass shattering made their attention turn towards Cheryl and Josie. Cheryl had purposely knocked her strawberry milkshake on the ground and she stared down FP with hatred "Clean that up, Plebe. The way you did my brother's blood." she sneered. Cleo and Jug stood and moved forward but FP held up a hand "Don't." he ordered and the two teens backed down "We'll get you another milkshake right away. On the house." FP smiled politely at Cheryl who only glared in return.

Cleo fumed she knew who this bloody red bitch was, she was Clifford Blossom's daughter, the man FP worked for in order to protect his family. Cleo stared her down, fists clenched at her sides. Cheryl had never seen the girl before, but seeing all the tattoos and the Serpent's head on her stomach she knew immediately she was bad news. Cheryl looked to the table trying to hide the slight fear she felt. "Cleo, let it go." FP ordered, Cleo sat back on the stool.

"My dad used to be a king. A leader of men. Now he's being demeaned by the likes of Cheryl Blossom. He deserves to be honored, not humiliated." Jughead ranted "So, why don't we do just that? Seriously, why not throw your dad a retirement party fit for a king?" Betty smiled wide. Jughead looked at her skeptically, he didn't know how his dad would like that. "I'm in." Cleo spoke up "Betty, you seem like the party planning type I can help you plan the perfect Serpent bash." Cleo smiled. Jughead looked between the two girls "Perfect." Betty smiled in return.

-

Betty followed behind Cleo, shrinking herself to go unnoticed by the serpents that lingered around the bar. As Cleo passed the large and threatening people greeted her with smiles or light-hearted insults. Betty watched Cleo interact, she could tell this was her element, that this is where Cleo felt at home. "Wow." Betty spoke looking around at the dingy bar. Cleo smiled "Nice, huh?" she asked knowing exactly what the Northsider was probably thinking right now.

    "You have a stage. Would you be open to me bringing in a karaoke machine?" Betty asked as the approached the bar "For FP's retirement? Sure, why not." Toni smiled, she was at the bar with an older member of the Serpents. "But you better have some damn good songs on their." Cleo pointed a finger at Betty "None of that pop crap you probably dance around your bedroom to." Betty gave a salute "I'll be sure to get rid of the 'pop crap." the girls all laughed.

"Hey..." Betty started, she fiddled with the notebook in her hand "Uh, I've been walking the razor's edge since Jughead joined the Serpents and all I've been thinking is...you know, as soon as FP gets home, everything will get better because he'll be there to protect Jughead and make sure he doesn't get hurt." Betty rushed out "Yeah, I'm following you. I mean, with FP out of the picture..." Toni was cut off "But that's my whole point. I do worry."

  Cleo looked down at the bar "FP leaving changes nothing. He will still be there to give advice and be a dad to Jughead." She looked up to Betty "And I'm here to make sure that he doesn't do anything that puts him in danger." she was kind of annoyed that Betty didn't believe her when she said she was watching out for Jughead. "Trust me he may be fully initiated, unlike me, but he doesn't know half of what the Serpents do." Betty furrowed her brows "You're not a fully initiated Serpent?"