Serpent's Dance

(Yo with Season 2 on Netflix now I don't have to illegally watch it off a sketchy site that forces pop-up ads every five minutes so a lot more updates be coming!)

The day had finally arrived. The White Wyrm was crowded with Serpents and friends all celebrating the retirement of their beloved leader. Jughead mingled among the crowd hoping that tonight would go as planned and no new surprises would pop up. "Jones, you look nervous. Want a drink?" Toni asked from behind the bar "No, I'm good. I'm just getting a lay of the land." he said as his eyes darted over the crowd. He was trying to find Cleo, or Betty but neither were in sight. "You should take a deep breath, the party is going to be a whole lot better than you thought." she smiled. Jughead gave her a strange look, she was definitely hiding something. He didn't have time to question her before his eyes landed on Betty in the doorway. 

   "Wow, Betty. Mrs. Cooper. You look incredible." he complimented. Betty wore a pink mini skirt and blue blouse, while her mom was in all leather and mesh. "Tell me about it. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince this one to dress appropriately." she sighed motioning to her daughter. Jughead Gave Betty a look that read 'Where is this coming from?' because usually Mrs. Cooper was the most straight-laced person he knew. 

   "Hog Eye, get me-" she called but the bartender cut her off "Tequila, straight up hold the worm." he smiled remembering her drink from her serpent days. "Honey, what do you want? A Shirley Temple?" Betty's mom asked Betty remained silent and her mom waved her off "Just give me two." Mrs. Cooper threw back the tequila shot "Hit me again." she ordered. Jughead laughed a little "Have fun with that." he joked. "Did we fall into the Twilight Zone?" Betty questioned watching her mom tip back another shot. They both laughed.

   Jughead couldn't help but stare at Betty, her hair was down for once and she looked incredible. His mind was racing with thoughts, of their time together and of what Penny said at Pop's. He knew she was right, he didn't love Cleo like he did Betty. The two girls were drastically different. Betty was pastels and sweet ponytails, she was polite smiles and a caring heart. She was sweet, smart, pretty, and she had the same thirst for the truth that he did. 

Cleo, on the other hand, was blue hair and tattooed skin. She was leather jackets and switchblades, sly smirks and secrets. She was blunt, tough, sexy, and she understood Jughead's love for the Serpents better than anyone else did. 

The only thing was....who did he like more?

     Betty noticed Jughead's stare "You okay?" she asked he reached up a hand and brushed her hair back, it was nothing more than reflex, he had done it so many times when they were together.  Across the bar there was a commotion that drew their attention. The crowd was thick so they couldn't see what was causing it but when it parted Jughead damn near forgot his own name. Betty saw his adam's apple bob as he swallowed. She followed his line of sight across the room where part of the crowd had parted and they all stared at the girl in green.

 She followed his line of sight across the room where part of the crowd had parted and they all stared at the girl in green