Prologue

PROLOGUE

The cats looked at each other in surprise. One stepped forward, starlight swirling around its paws.

"Rain has given up."

Another spoke up, "So has Sky. We just need to make sure that Feather doesn't as well."

The first cat let her starry green eyes travel over the group, "We must assume she will choose the closer one, though we can only hope she chooses the other. The closer one will be less powerful, knowing her sister is near."

The second cat spoke up again. "It would be best if she didn't choose any side," he mewed. Then, addressing every cat, he continued, "What Jungle has said is the truth. It would too much to assume that she will choose the farther one, but we can hope."

Another cat came up and dipped her head to the first two, "If I may speak, I believe that if the words are 'When the Feather chooses a side, the other will become more powerful until terror strikes. Then the other two will rise and the cycle will repeat,' it would be bad if the farther was chosen, for she is even stronger with Feather."

Jungle nodded while the second cat spoke, "You are right, Cliff, but the farther will be too powerful. Hate will bring her down until she is broken."

"But Eagle," another cat joined in, "She has Orange helping her! He might have enough power to help her!"

"That is where you are wrong Leaf. She will find the other, and when Feather- " Eagle was cut off by another cat.

"My brother, you must not expect Orange to give up on her! Now, back to Feather. Is there any way to prevent this?"

Eagle shook his head, "You know this Night. The only way is to kill Feather, and that will make the situation more chaotic. I suggest we all wait and hope for the best."

The cats dispersed, leaving only Jungle and Eagle. Jungle swiped her tongue over Eagle's ear, "They've grown up. They've passed on. We always knew this would happen."

Eagle looked at Jungle with sad eyes, "Were we selfish? Were we too intent on pleasing ourselves?"

"No," Jungle said firmly. "I will never regret them, and I know you won't either. They're the reason we are like this now. They shaped our lives. They will make up together." With that, Jungle ran her tail down her mate's back and followed the other cats.

---•

Did you expect that? Did you? DID YOU????

Sorry. Went a bit crazy.

I THINK you can start to guess what this is about. If not, I'm just going to keep quiet.

Not really but still.

Anyway, NEW BOOK!!!

It might take a bit longer since Warriors28 and I work together. We don't see each other too much due to it being summer, so yeah.

Thanks!

~Skylight