Chapter 7

• Dedicated to I can never choose! ALL OF MY FANS!

I don't own PJO... D':

I'm sorry for the long wait. Blame Me and my busy schedule!!!!! Well, here's the next chapter. I hope you like it.

I lowered my arms, gave Annabeth her knife back and capped Riptide, changing it back to its pen form.

"Very good Percy and Annabeth said. Job well done." Clayte said, praising us. "No, let's move onto the demonstration of the next weapon. I decided that tomorrow will be the day that we finally get to try everything out. Let's go to a bow and arrows. Who knows how to shoot." He looked at Annabeth and me.

I already knew I couldn't shoot. I was told by many people that children of Poseidon are very skilled with swords and knives, but we shouldn't try using a bow. I kept my hand down, but Annabeth raised hers. I've seen her at the shooting range a few times. She's pretty good for a daughter of Athena. She almost always gets a bulls eye, but she is no child of Apollo or hunter of Artemis, they hit the center every time, sometimes even slicing another arrow. To my surprise someone else raised his hand.

He looked new and a little different. He had this glint in his eye. I was surprised that someone other than Annabeth raised their hand though.

"Annabeth, of course. And you? What's your name young man?" Clayte asked, pointing at the new student.

"My name is Nate. And yeah, I have some practice with a bow."

"Great you two can step forward. And Percy? What about you?" Clayte asked.

"No thank you Clayte." I said.

"Are you a chicken Prissy?" Mark asked.

"Haven't you learned your lesson Mark? Do you want to have another sword dual? And no I'm not a chicken. I HAVE tried using a bow and arrows, but I'm just not good at them."

"Chicken Chicken chicken!" Mark started singing.

"Do you really want to see how bad I am?" I asked, wanting to shut Mark up, but to no avail. He continued to sing.

"Whatever," I mumbled under my breath. I stepped forward with Annabeth and the other guy, Nate.

"Great! Now you three please grab a bow and three arrows. You will shoot from a little over thirty five yards away. Okay? Great. Nate, you go first. Then Annabeth and then Percy."

"Ok Mr. Clayte." Nate said as he grabbed a bow and three arrows. Nate walked over to where we were shooting from and shot his three. Two of the three were in the out rings and one was closer to the center. Well, at least he hit the target. I was worried that I wouldn't even hit the thing, but then I remembered something, or someone.

Annabeth was up next. She got into her position, aimed and fired. After shooting, we all, except for Clayte and me, stood gaping at her. All three arrows were in the center circle, in a small trianglur shape. She smiled at her work, walked over to me, gave me a small kiss and said, "Good luck Seaweed Brain, you're gonna need it." She stepped back into the crowd.

Artemis and Apollo? I think, hoping they weren't too busy to listen to my prayer. Hey guys? I, uh, need a favor. Can I please have help shooting these three arrows. You guys know I'm not the best, but I kind of need a little help.

Hoping the heard and listened, I shot the three. They were all in the perfect center, the second splitting the first arrow open and the third splitting the second arrow. Thanks guys, I think.

I walk over to Annabeth who looked shocked. She knew I couldn't shoot, she's seen me almost shoot satyrs and passing campers and entangle multiple arrows in Chiron's tail. "I improved haven't I?"

"Apollo and Artemis?" She guessed, coming to that conclusion.

"What? You think I cheated?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I prayed to them. I really wanted to win and prove Mark wrong. I know he has his eye on you." As soon as I said that, the devil himself (don't worry it's not Hades) walked over to us, shoved me aside, threw his arm around a disgusted Annabeth and said, "Hey Annie, nice shooting. Maybe you could give me a few lessons sometime."

"Get lost Mark," Annabeth said, shrugging his arm off, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the locker rooms. Boy, do I love my Annabeth.

I'm sorry this is short. Really short. I wanted to finish gym class and get onto the next part. I'll post the next chapter soon. I hope. I hope you like it??? It isn't very good. SORRRY!!!