“Your hair is a mess, shorter than I am..,” the corner of her mouth curled up.

She putting me down, pointing my weakness shows me that she felt that she somehow felt threatened with me. There is no confidence in her.

“Claire, why are you comparing yourself with me,? You are beautiful in your way as I am beautiful in my own way,”

She laugh, a forced laugh as she keeps on harassing me.

“You are just after his money right? Using your son as a bait..,” she clapped  her hand as her eyes narrowed on me.

My ear felt hot, sizzling hot. A very satisfied grin crept on her face. All these while I tried to keep my anger at bay.

Her carefully pick up word, the word son really brings the anger back.

That was the breaking point of my patience. All my veins swelled like a ticking bomb, waiting to explode. Rage overwhelmed me as I walk head up to her.

She is tall, but right now, the time I spit out my venom, she needs to bow and listen.

“Listen, you better don’t bring my son into this,” i shoved her to the back.
The anger boiled my blood and it has reached my head. I wont step back. She pressed the wrong button.

“You are the one going after his money and golden statue. You was the one serving him late at night, warming his bed. You got replaced. You are just a history, that he doesn’t want to revisit,” my chest rose and fall with every angry breath I take in.

“You are a pity for us women, running after a man who has left you for good. If you take time to take care of the beauty inside, it will outshine your outer beauty.. and at least.. match up this outer beauty with the thing we call brain up here in your skull, he might still be with you,” I poked her chest.

I might have overstepped my boundaries, or push the right button as Claire face now are red like a fully cooked shrimp.

Her hand balled into fist, as she stomped her heel on the wet floor. She screamed at first before her hand flies to my face.

I manage to duck away few second before her hand slapped the air.

I got hold of her hand and twisted it to the back. I shoved her to the wall before running towards the door. Her high heel might got slipped and she landed on the wet floor.

My hand already reached the knob, unlocking it. The door was half open as Claire grab a hold of my hair and pull me backward, sending me down to the floor causing my back to hit the wall with a  loud thud.

I can hear a crack sound.

She didn’t waste her time, pulling me up with my hair, she scratched my cheek with her long nail.

I let out a scream as her nail digs into the tender skin of my cheek. The metallic, bitter taste of blood reached my tongue.

This really brings back old memory.
Relying on my instinct, I stepped on her feet and elbowed her stomach.

She released me in an instant landing me on all four on the floor.  Blood dripping on the floor.

My back and head aching from her attack but  I must get away from her now before she maliciously blame me or fake her wounds.

I was not fast enough, as she grab hold of my feet and pull me towards her. She lay on top of me.

I have to defend myself and out of it I bit her hand.

My scream of pain  must have been so loud, in no time I saw Mel and a few of my female clique rushes into the bathroom, trying to pull her away from me.

She manage to fly a kick on my stomach as she parted way from me.

“What happened in here, “ joe roared.
“ Joey, she attacked me first, see this bite mark.. she pushed me inside.. locked me here with her,”

Squeezing my eyes shut, i just pray that someone, somebody to trust me not her fake tears, crocodile tears.

“Joe, she followed me in, locked the door and tried to hurt me first. I have to defend myself. She even kicked me as the girls tried to push her away from me.,” I have to spit out the blood as i speak.

The other girl staff nodded as they agree with me. Mel runs in back in with damp towel.

I winched as she wipes away the blood from my face.

“Joey, Ella wound is worst than hers.. see her cheek, its her claw mark,”

I hissed  as the wet cloth touches the wound of her claw mark.

Joe eyes flicked between me and Claire. He seems indecisive.

How could I prove my innocence?

“Mel, take Ella to the staff room,  Greta, help Ms. Claire here and take her to my room, the other, resume your work”

Right at the moment, I know my fate already. She will surely put all the blame on me now and Joe will trust her blindly. She is a  customer after all.

I was limping towards the staff room when Claire whispered to my ear. “ this is what you get when you mess with me,”

Mel look into my eyes as I let out a loud groan.

At the staff room, Mel lowered me down slowly on the chair.

Her eyes widens as she inspect the wound on my body. “girl.. I tell u, this is bad.. as very bad,”

She hissed as she saw the purplish mark on my elbow.

“This really hurt.. you gotta go and see doctor.”

She was dabbing some medicine on my wound when the staff room door opened.

A figure loomed over us, clearly angry as we can hear the huff and puff of the man breath.

The smell of cologne however caught my attention.

“What the hell happened” every word  emphasized.

Mel stopped dabbing, her finger trembled. Sweats formed on my forehead.

“Marcel,” his name came out like  a whisper from my mouth.

🐾🐾🐾

TBC..