2.0

shane sighed as he stepped foot into school. running on little sleep, he had a triple shot coffee in his hand and a tired frown on his face.

at least he had spent the morning with ryland, watching the sunrise coming up and blasting music through the streets as they ran back to the apartment. when he had gotten home, he threw on a black hoodie that matched his ripped dark denim jeans and black old skool vans.

as the day chugged on, a buzzing feeling was growing in his stomach. he couldn't wait until 1:30pm, the time where he would burst through the auditorium doors, ready to audition for the school play.
the school play was thrown once a year and shane had been in it every single time. mostly the lead.

singing was something shane took pride in, and acting too. it came naturally to him, he could feel the excitement pumping through his veins as the bell signaled 2nd lunch.

it was go time.

-

shane forced open the black stage doors to reveal a large auditorium, filled with dark red seats and a glowing oak stage that took up half the space. lights shon down, moving everywhere; tracing the gold accents on the stage.

kids were everywhere. talking, warming up, going through lines and coaxing each other loudly, all their chatter morphing together and bouncing around the auditorium.

he quickly spotted garrett, drew and ryland sitting in a row talking together, and he made his way towards them, slipping past groups of people.

"you nervous?" shane laughed, a simple greeting to the three boys.
"y-yes!" garrett stammered, laughing at himself.

garrett was tall like shane, around 6ft. he has short, dirty blonde hair that was styled messily and a clean shaven face that displayed his killer jawline. his incredible soft hazel orbs lit up every time he smiled, which was often. garrett wore a black hoodie underneath a faded green jacket that always featured in his outfits, along with worn denim jeans and black vans. many girls fell for his undoubtable charm and humor, but unluckily for them, garrett was gay.

"just calm down gar! put on your diva mode." drew said sarcastically, morphing into a kardashian persona, "i am a star."
garrett giggled, a smile appeared, wiping away the nervous chewing on his lip.

drew had dark chocolate brown eyes matching his long silky dark brown hair that was currently tied back into a low ponytail, a few messy strands of hair pulled out hanging over his face carelessly. his naturally pink and glossy lips had a glowing white smile plastered to them that showcased his adorable dimples. drew was currently styling a burnt orange oversized hoodie (due to it being garrett's), dark denim jeans and some plain black sneakers. he stood out from the crowd, but in theatre he got right in, something he preferred doing.

"what part are you guys trying out for?" ryland asked, for once taking his stunning eyes off the script and locating them at shane.
"lead, obviously." shane stated, shifting his body to face him while relaxing one arm on the row below them casually.

the musical they were trying out for was called 'filthy', a story about a teen boy who's family suddenly goes from poor to 'filthy' rich and he has to navigate though his new insane private school drama.
shanes eyes were set on the lead role, 'charlie.'

for the audition, they had to sing a part of the specific song that the teacher, mrs evans, has chosen. and this time, she chose 'heartache on the big screen' by 5sos and that happened to be a song the group was obsessed with a while back. after practicing for hours perfecting his voice to hit all the right notes; he was ready.

before shane had a chance to ask who the others were auditioning for mrs evans snapped her fingers, calling for everyone's attention towards her onstage.

"listen up people! okay, so most of you know how this works but for those of you that don't know let me fill you in." her gaze shifted around the audience, "i will call you onstage one by one to sing the chorus of 'heartache on the big screen' which you should have all learned! then you will take your seat or leave, and on monday we will have what role you have or haven't gotten posted on the board." she points to a large buliten board that is filled with posters and flyers.

"so let's get started!" she grins, walking offstage and taking a seat in the front row next to the other teachers, mrs o and mr c.

the list was long, due to the crowd of kids here. but finally it was finally shanes turn.
"shane dawson! let's see what you've got!" she called out, signaling for shane to walk onstage.

shane's heart felt like it was in a desperate race, pounding against his chest rapidly; not from fear but rather excitement although his face remained calm as he walked onstage, his shoes softly padding on the wooden floor echoing with each step.
"whenever your ready kid." mr c nods his head.

he seizes the microphone, holding it steadily shanes eyes scan the room and land on ryland who grins at him intensely and gives him the thumbs up.

"this ain't a movie
that i wanna see.
a tragic story,
staring you and me.
yell cut were stuck inside this scene,
this is heartache on the big screen!
the clock is ticking,
and i'm out of time.
the cameras rolling,
and i forgot my lines.
my script is ripped and now i see,
this is heartache on the big screen!"

shane's silky voice filled the auditorium, radiating in everyone's ears. they all stop what there were doing and turned to focus on the singing angle onstage. his voice was clean and clear, perfect as some might say.

there was no doubt about it,
he was the best one there.

-

the audience erupted in applause, whistling and cheering on shane, other than a group of boys sitting at the back row. there was about 6 or 7 boys, and shane knew exactly who they were.

they called themselves 'Teatro chicos.' spanish for theatre boys. they had the 3 drama geeks, those were the people who knew every line of over 40+ plays and can learn a script in just under 2 hours. they were chris, drake and adam.
then there was 2 called the charmers, the boys who had girls falling for them because of thier photogenic faces and model-like bodies. they charmed people into doing their bidding although they were mediocre actors at best. they were jake and mark.
then they had the 2 singers , joey and daniel. thier voices sounded like silk together and they could hit any note, yet they never did a show without each other.
and then there was the leader, ryan. on top of being possibly the most attractive guy at dbt highschool, he could sing, dance and act like he was born for broadway. witch he probably was. he had always been trying to 1-up shane ever since the beginning of highschool, but it never worked. shane got the girls, he got the popularity but most importantly, he got the lead.

oh and one last tiny detail. he was rylands brother.

______
annon: i've decided to start doing thier pov's so prepare for that shit. oh and 'badass / shyland' has been released so go read it.

<word count: 1156>