3- meeting the Masons

Start from the beginning

"Your room is this way dear." Amanda tells me, walking towards a door that's a dark blue. The walls in this hallway are golden like the ones downstairs, but a little bit lighter.

Once she opens the door, I walk inside. It...

It's empty?

Besides two dressers, there is nothing in the room. He walls are white.

Amanda smiles apologetically at me.

"I'm sorry it's not furnished. I didn't want to do anything to the room that you wouldn't like, so I thought I would just let you choose everything."

"That's okay. So what's my budget?" I ask, walking towards my bags which are sitting next to one of the dressers.

"Unlimited" I stop.

"I can't let you do that. You can't pay all that money on me." I shake my head.

"I'm going to" she tells me.

"No your not"

"Yes I am. You are my guest." I sigh.

"Fine. I just don't want you to go out of your way for me," I smile a little.

"But thank you." She walks over to me and hugs me.

"I get it sweetheart. Do you need help unpacking?" I shake my head again.

"No thanks. I don't have much."

"Well, if you don't have much, then we need to go shopping sometime soon! Once your done settling in, just come downstairs to the family room. Go to the elevator, click 2. It's the large glass doors." I nod my head.

"Ok. I'll see you in a little bit Ari." She smiles once more before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her. The door on my side is painted white.

About 15 minutes later, I finished unpacking all of my clothes and anything else I had brought.

I walked out of my room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

I looked around. The hallway was empty and silent.

I couldn't see the elevator anywhere.

Crap.

I walk randomly to the right.

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

I pull it out and see a text from Josie and Fraya (group chat)

J: you in Cali yet?

F: how's it goin?

I start to type.

A: everything is effing great. They have a huge mansion that I can't find my way around. My parents just pretty much abandoned me for who knows how long, and guess what? THEY HAVE NINE FLIPPING BOYS!! NINE!!

J: holy crap.

F: ages?

A: 2 are younger than 11. One is 13. Another is 14. A dif is 16. I think somebody is either 17, 18, or 19. 22. And 24. Oh ya. And there all hot.

F: damn.

A: sorry guys. I gotta go. They are having a 'family meeting' about me living here. And I can't find my way there.

I've kept walking, not even knowing where I'm going.

Suddenly, I trip over a small object.

"Hey!" It a shouts. I pull myself off the ground and face the thing I fell over.