"how about you just take down those sheets over there and put them in the basket?"

he moves to the other line parallel to hers and he starts taking down the sheets. 

"how long have you been a knight for John?" she asks 

he goes silent then says "Actually I'm not a knight yet...I'm in training"

of course Bell already knew that from seeing his fighting skills then she says "when will you be a knight?"

"when I turn 18" he replies "If I pass that is"

she doesn't comment on his very young age and instead asks about the test. 

he shrugs "It's a fight. It gets judged, you get graded and then you either pass or fail"

"sounds difficult"

"being a nurse sounds difficult"

Her mood almost drops to the ground. I wouldn't know stays left unsaid and she swallows down her sadness.

"you get used to it I suppose" she says and continues beating the sheet. Seconds later he comes back with a basket full of sheets. 

"you're really fast" she comments, truly impressed. That was not a short line. 

he shrugs "doesn't do any good if you can't use it" 

"why can't you use it?" 

he sighs "trainers only focus on individuals who show promise. I train with groups of people...we all use the same skills and since everyone is so bulky, speed isn't deployed very often" 

"can't you get any of the knights to help train you?"

"uh" he rubs his neck "I don't know anyone"

"oh" she says. 

"Anyway I have to go...uh...see you later?" 

she smiles at that "sure" he turns around and starts walking back, leaving Bell with a smile on her face. She thinks that was one of the only times she had a conversation that was pleasant. 

After she's done, she takes the sheets back inside and puts them neatly back in the storage room which was cleaned this morning by her too. She heads to the main hall to watch the other nurse but stops short by the entrance when she sees a group of nurses gathered. She smells trouble and almost turns around to leave but they suddenly all turn towards her. She spots Katy crying in the midst of them and that makes her walk towards them. 

she ignores their stares and says "what's wrong?" 

Katy doesn't reply and she glances around, waiting for someone to answer. 

"her brother is in debt" Erika replies "will go to debtor's prison" 

Bell's heart drops "oh" she says "that's terrible, I'm sorry" 

"I'd help but my family..." says Erika "we're 10, it's impossible" 

"I have some cash, its not much but it can help" Bell says 

"liar" someone says

Bell's heart beats faster. She looks away from Katy to see the source of the word. 

"I get paid the minimum wage" Bell defends "but I'll help anywa-"

"you make extra cash" someone says "I'm sure you can pay it all off with the money you make" 

Bell tries to control her breathing and she stays still, calm. Don't react. 

she glances at Katy "I'll get you the money" she says and is about to turn to leave when something makes her stop.