03 | Sleeping Sickness

Start from the beginning

"Hey. Hey. HEY! Princess!"

Fourth-period physical education today consisted of doing whatever the students wanted.

Therefore, Jisoo had chosen to walk around the school's track, alone. She had been successful for all of five minutes until Jackson had spotted her across the field. He had run over to her like a bolt of lightning.

"What's up?" She asked him nonchalantly. Jisoo didn't even have the energy to be annoyed at him today. "Nothing much," He walked in stride with her as he continued, "I'm just doing my buddies a favor and asking everybody I know if they want some DPH."

DPH?

She'd heard him talk about it before, but he didn't know that.

Jisoo remained silent as she walked. She didn't quite know what to respond.

"So, do you want some, princess?" Jackson asked with his signature smirk. Jisoo had often thought that he'd always meant for it to look sexy, but he honestly just looked like an overly happy Squirtle.

"What the hell is DPH? Let's start there," She replied as she eyed him with a raised brow. They had walked a whole lap together by now, but Jisoo could have sworn that lap felt like it took ages. "It's a drug, genius." Jackson laughed heartily beside her, honestly amused at her cluelessness.

"What, so you're dealing drugs now, Jackson? Classy." She smirked at him, amused herself that he had even thought of asking her. "Ah come on now, babe. Live a little," Jackson egged her on.

"What's this awesome drug of yours even do?" Jackson looked a bit taken aback by the question. "I need to know what the products all about before I even consider buying it," She stated with a giggle. If she was honest with herself, Jackson wasn't so bad. Although, he could cut the shit with all the pet names. "Well, I've only taken it twice, but it really is something else." He whistled out, "It's like it shuts off all your emotions, man. It makes you feel so lightweight, you know? Like nothing matters and nothing can hurt you."

Jisoo stopped dead in her tracks and looked at him in awe. Had he read her mind these past few days?

"S-Side effects?" She stuttered out. The fact that she was willingly and honestly considering his offer frightened her. "None that I know of. It doesn't make you look or act like a damn druggie, that's for sure. I know a guy who's been using it for quite some time now and he's fine." Jackson shrugged and pulled out a vial from his sweatpants. "Just one little vial and you're good to go."

He held it up to her face quickly and then closed his hand around it. "So, you in? You can have this one." Jackson opened his palm out to her, now a bit hidden by the sleeve of his sweater. Jisoo felt a cold sweat come over her, goosebumps forming upon her skin.

The small vial Jackson held out towards Jisoo was shining in the winter sun, a dazzling magenta staring back at her. The realization of what she had found yesterday hit her like a ton of bricks. "I- Uhm...Can I think about it, Jackson?" Her voice shook from the sudden revelation and she didn't know how to calm herself down.

"Yeah, sure, but are you okay? You look kind of pale." Jackson eyed her weirdly as she nodded her head that yes, she was fine. "Alright. Well, you know where to find me, princess." He winked and ran off swiftly to find his next customer.

--------------------------------------

As soon as Jisoo was done changing from her p.e. clothes, she quickly stuffed them into her locker and took out her backpack, opening the small pocket where she had left the small vial. She looked around to make sure no one in the locker room was around and put the vial in the palm of her hand, shielding it with her backpack just in case.