Chapter 19

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Dark Twister

Chapter Nineteen: Why Are You Calling Me, Sam?

Freddie Benson POV

"Rrriiinnngg!!!" My phone rang. It was 3:00 P.M. in Seattle on Friday, July 5th, and I was just relaxing on my bed in my room. As soon as I had heard the phone ring, I immediately got up off my bed and headed towards my bedroom door. I grabbed onto the golden door knob, turned it, and pushed the door wide-open. I then ran through the hallway, until I had reached the stairs. I then raced down the stairs and into the living room. Last time I remembered, I had left my phone in my living room.

"Hello?" Mom answered my phone.

She had beaten me to it. I hate how she always does this to me! My mom is way too protective! She is always answering my phone, when I can't get to it quick enough, checking through my texts to make sure that I'm not texting anything inappropriate, which I would never do, and checking my emails for viruses from strangers! It's so annoying! I mean, doesn't she trust me with a phone?

"Sam!?!? We haven't heard from you in almost two years! Why are you just suddenly calling Freddie now!?!?.... Oh, it's an emergency? What's the emergency?.... Why aren't you telling me!?!? Don't you trust me?" I heard Mom say into my phone.

Wait, Sam is trying to call me and it's an emergency?

"Mom, let me have my phone!" I exclaimed.

"No!" Mom cried in rebellion, "I want to make sure that this isn't a prank call!"

"Mom, just let me handle this! It's my phone!"

"Alright!" Mom gave in as she handed me my blue Pear Phone.

"Why are you calling me, Sam?" I asked into my phone, once it was in my hands.

"Dude, you have to stop letting your freakish mother answer your phone!" Sam shouted through the phone, "I thought that she would of stopped treating you like a baby by now!"

"Look, I'm sorry, Sam! I thought that she would of stopped doing this to me by now too!"

"Whatever, Benson. So anyways, We've got this huge problem!"

"We've?"

"Yes, we've!"

"Ok. So what's 'our' problem?"

"Alright, so I'm in Mexico and two of my friends, Phoebe and Max Thunderman, got whisked away by this huge tornado! Also, on the weather channel, it said that there was two other tornadoes too! One was in Italy and one was in Seattle!"

"Oh yeah, I did see a tornado forming in the sky about three hours ago! My mom and I were pretty scared!"

"Well, of course you guys were! Anybody who sees a tornado is most likely going to get scared by it! So anyways, on the news there was a story about a boy who lost his friend to the tornado in Seattle and a story about a father who lost his daughter to the tornado in Italy!"

I gulped. "I-it w-wasn't C-Carly, w-was i-it?"

"If it wasn't her, then I wouldn't of called you!"

"CARLY WAS TAKEN AWAY BY A TORNADO!?!?"

"NO, A COW WAS TAKEN AWAY BY A TORNADO!!! YES, CARLY WAS TAKEN AWAY BY A TORNADO!!!"

"Ok, hold on, Sam! I'll get there as fast as I can!"

"Ok, hurry!"

"Wait, where do I have to meet you at!?!?"

"THE FIESTA HOTEL IN TAMAULIPAS, MEXICO!!! NOW, GO, GO, GO!!! WE DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TIME!!"

"OK, I'LL BE THERE AS SOON AS I CAN!!!" I shouted into the phone as I hung up.

"What did Sam tell you that she couldn't tell me?" Mom asked as she folded her arms.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I need to go to Mexico, so that I can help Sam rescue Carly. See ya! Bye!" I quickly replied as I made my way past Mom and towards the stairs.

"Hold it there, mister!" Mom shouted.

I stopped in my tracks, then groaned. I mean, can't she just leave me alone?

"What!?!?" I shouted back.

"What was that about going to Mexico?" Mom asked me.

I groaned again. "It's nothing, Mom! It's just that Carly got taken away by a huge tornado and Sam needs me to meet her in Mexico, so that we can save her!"

"Freddie Benson, you are not going to Mexico all by yourself!"

"Oh, yes I am, Mom. My friend is in trouble and she needs me to save her! I am going to Mexico, no matter what you have to say about it! I don't care if you ground me; it'll be worth it, since I'll be saving Carly's life!"

"But, Carly doesn't even love you! Why do you want to save her?"

"Carly may not like me in a boyfriend-girlfriend way, but she loves me because I'm her best friend. I would do anything for her, and I know that she would do the same! We're friends; we have to have each other's backs when it comes to situations like these!"

Mom thought for a moment. "You're still not going by yourself; I'm coming with you."

"No you're not, Mom!"

"Yes I am! Somebody has to watch over you and protect you!"

"Well, it's not like I'm going to be alone! I'm going to be with Sam the whole entire time!"

"Not the whole entire time! You're going to be alone at the airports and on you're way to meeting up with Sam!"

"You know what, Mom? I really don't care! I've been working at the Groovy Smoothie for more than a year now! I saved up enough money to buy myself two tickets to Mexico, one for the ride there and one for the ride back! I am almost an adult now! I don't need you anymore!"

"Fine, have it your way!" Mom shouted as she stormed off, "Go to Mexico by yourself!"

"Alright, I will!" I shouted as I marched up the stairs.

As soon as I had gotten upstairs, I knocked on the door to T-Bo's bedroom.

"Yes?" T-Bo answered after a few seconds of me knocking at his door.

"T-Bo, it's me, Freddie," I stated.

"Freddie! Why don't you come on in?"

I immediately opened the white, door to T-Bo's bedroom. As soon as I got in, I noticed that T-Bo was laying on his huge, red bed.

"What's up, Freddie?" T-Bo asked me.

"T-Bo, I have to tell you something," I announced.

"Sure! What is it? You can tell me anything!"

"Well, I'm not going to be able to work at the Groovy Smoothie for a couple of days."

"Well, how come? Did something suddenly come up that's more fun than working at the Groovy Smoothie?"

"Well, you see, one of my friends is in trouble and I have to rescue her."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No! We're just really good friends!"

"Oh, is it Carly or Sam?"

"Carly."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. Hopefully, I can find someone to fill-in for you. If not, I'll just work overtime."

"Thank you so much, T-Bo! You don't know how much I appreciate what you're doing for me!"

"You don't need to thank me, Benson! Get out there and save Carly!"

"Right!" I exclaimed as I ran out of T-Bo's room and into mine.