Chapter 4: Something's not right

Tom's P.O.V

I make my way down the hall to Tord's office before stopping right outside his dark wooden doors, taking a breath in before walking in.

"Good evening, sir" I give him a small salute as he looks up from his work.

"Good evening to you to" He waves and I walk over to his desk sitting in one of the red chairs in front of it.

"You doing okay, sir?" I ask watching him as he puts the work that was on his desk away.

"I'm doing fine" He grumbles putting away the last of the paperwork that was on his desk and into a filing cabinet.

"So how was your first real day here, Mister Thomas?" Tord asks, leaning back in his chair and pulling out a cigarette.

"It was fine, but I just don't get it" He looks at me with confusion.

"What don't you get?" Tord asks pulling the cigarette from out of his mouth and holding it between his index finger and middle one.

"Why haven't you told why you needed me here yet?" I ask him, his face goes white and he nervously chuckles.

"Well you see uh..." He trailed off not returning my gase.

"What?" I ask crossing my arms, he leans in his chair once more still not making eye contact with me.

"That wasn't quite-" He was cut off by the phone ringing, which he immediately took the call, shooing me out of his office.

'What's he hiding?' I think to myself as I make my way down the hallway to think.

I've been walking for about an hour and it was already 8:30 pm, I was going to ask Tord where I was going to be sleeping since the last time I sleepet it was in the one room, you know that one where I had to take that test, yeah that one.

"You lost Sheriff?" I hear a gravelly voice say before spinning around to see General Phil walking up to me with his hands behind his back.

"No just have no room to sleep in tonight" I sigh and look over at the general to see that he had a smile on his face.

"You could sleep in the hidden room in Red leaders room" He suggests, I blush but quickly look away making sure no one else knows about how I feel about Tord even if Red knows himself, I really don't want others to.

"Wait he has one of those?" I ask wondering if Tord would really have one of those.

"Yeah sure!" He says with joy grabbing my sleeve and pulling me into a red room with a huge bed at the side and a pretty large photo of Tord on the other side of the bed, and I think I saw a small kitchen and bathroom in one of the corners.

I walked down the stairs and was met with a beautiful room it had two deep red chairs, a red bar with all sorts of beer and other whiskeys, in the corner was a huge reddish couch against the wall. I throw myself onto the couch and get comfy.

"How do you know about this place?" I ask Caption Leopard as he pours himself a drink of Scotch whisky.

"You happy?" He asks taking a drink.

"Hell yeah I am!" I grin and grab the tv remote that was on the small table next to the couch turning it on and flipping through channels.

"But I just have one question?" I ask stopping on some random tv show and pausing it.

"What's that?" Phil says, taking another drink.

"Why did Red leader call me here?"