~Part 11~

~Ally~

Matt walked back to me while I was sitting on the grass fidiling with my penny board. He was rubbing his arm like he was depressed. I stood up holding both of our penny boards.

"Hey," I tried to look at Matt in his eyes but he was looking down, "You okay?"

He didn't even say anything. No words were spoken for about 15 seconds. I finally said,

"Matt, talk to me."

He took a few second break, then clapped his hands together once.

"Lets go get some ice cream"

I handed him his penny board and we both got on it and skated off to the nearest ice cream parlor

He told me to wait out on the curb for him to get the ice cream, or what I thought he was getting. I waited out on the curb thinking,

'What's bothering Matt? Is it me? Did I do something wrong?'

Matt adventually came out and sat next to me on the curb. He decided to get one strawberry milkshake with two straws for us to share.

We sat on the curb outside the ice cream parlor and I was fiddling with one of the pennyboards with my left foot. I didn't want to ask him what was bothering him. I was nervous.

I knew that he didn't want me to ask anything so I didn't. I bit my inner lip trying to figure out what to change the subject to. I wanted to respect his privacy, yet I didn't want him to suffer with whatever was upsetting him.

We sat and watched the sunset and it was quiet for a bit. I grabbed his left hand and I held it. I was waiting to feel him holding my hand back. Nothing. About 30 seconds after is when he decided to hold my hand. Matt still looked blue.

"Matt," I creaked out, "Matthew baby talk to me."

He didn't even take a glance over at me.

I gently touched the right side of his face and kissed him. I could feel him kissing me back. At least i'm not invisible.

My head was on his shoulder and we were still holding hands. All I needed was for him to explain to me about what is going on.