~Part 9~

~Ally~

Matt and I arrived at his house when the rain started to dial down. He had a two-story house with a nice view of the beach. We got to Matt's doorstep,

"Matthew, i'm all wet, I don't want to walk into your house with my hair and clothes dripping wet, your parents might get upset."

"Then I guess i'll have to carry you." He said with a little giggle.

Matt scooped me up and I threw my head back with a single laugh. I could feel his muscles and we looked in each others eyes. I could see my reflection in Matt's eyes.

Matt and I got to his room and he dropped me onto tbe bed. His dog came up to me and I started petting him.

"Aww whos this cute little fella?" I said in a weird voice,

"Oh that's Burnie, that little dude can be a handful, but I love him."

Matt sat down on the bed and we lay down, staring at the celing. My right hand was collided with his right hand. I still had my vans on and my knees were curled in. His left arm was around me and my head was leaning on his upper arm. Our heads were touching. He kissed the top of my head.

I asked Matt a question.

"Matt,"

"Yeah?"

"What made you decide to ask me out?"

"Well I always wanted to, but I didn?t have the guts to."

"You mean, you liked me for a long time?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Me too, Matt, me too."

We closed our eyes and fell asleep.

When we woke up, my hands were still connected to Matts. He woke up about the same time I did. Our clothing was still wet. My hair was stringy and tangled. He looked at me and said,

"Breakfast?"

"Sure."

We walked downstairs and he tried to be cute and funny while trying to make us breakfast. Matt brought me to my seat and prentended to work at a resturant. He grabbed a peice of paper and wrote down some breakfast items and gave it to me as if it were a menu.

"Our specials are scrambled eggs and strawberry pancakes." , Matt said in a french-ish accent

I started to laugh,

"I'll take the strawberry pancaked please."

Matt grabbed out the materials needed for the pancakes and put together what he could. He smirked,

"Watch this Ally, I can flip pancaked with one hand behind my back and my eyes closed."

"Oh my gosh Matthew no!" , I said laughing.

He flipped pancakes on a pan with one hand behind his back and he was pretending to be a chef. I jumped up trying to take the pan away from him while we were both laughing and then he picked me up with his crossed forearms because his hands were all messy.

Meanwhile when we were laughing, his mother walked in. His mother stood by the stairs looking at us,

"Eh hmm?"

Matt put me down and we both stood there. He said,

"Hello mother, um this is Ally." , I made a single wave, "She's my girlfriend."

She was still standing there.

"I see, come on Ally."

I looked at Matt and then back at his mother.

"We'll come on, your not going to go to church like that are you?"

I didn't know what to say. I haven't been to church since my family was a whole. When my dad wasn't in jail. When my mother was alive.

When Abigail was still here.

I replied back to Matt's mother, "Um no."

She tilted her head and smiled. "Come dear."

She motioned me up the stairs. I looked at Matt, shrugged, and walked upstairs.

I followed his mother into a what looked like a girls bedroom. I wasn't quite sure what was happening.

"Here," she handed me a white laced dress with a pink belt, "they were Matt's sister's clothes. They should fit you."

"Thank you, I didn't know Matthew had a sister. He only told me it was just him, you, and Mr. Espinosa."

She looked down taking a huge breath,

"He didn't tell you did he?"

I nodded.

"Matthew and his sister were like best friends. Him and her were two peas in a pot. They only needed each other. They were 3 years apart but their age didn't matter to them. If Matthew had friends over she could intrude and Matt wouldn't care and vise versa. One day I was driving and they were fooling around in the back seat. I turned around to tell them to stop, and before I knew it we were collided with another car." Mrs. Espinosa looked at me with a little tear, "She was killed instantly."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"Thank you, the most devastated of all was Matthew. It's the only time that I have seen him shed a tear, when he looses something he truly loves."

I started to tear up in my eyes a little bit.

"What was her name?" I started to say, my voice didn't all come out.

"What?"

"Your daughter, what was her name?"

"Her name was Ashley."

She wiped her eyes, "Now go wash up dear, we leave in an hour."

Mrs. Espinosa left the room before I could say anything else.

When I got washed up I walked downstairs in Ashley's clothes and my hair looking nice with no emotion in my face.

I came downstairs in Ashley's white laced dress with a pink belt and my vans.

Matt was standing in the kitchen telling me that I looked beautiful while I was walking down the stairs. As soon as I got down the stairs I walked up to Matt and I threw my arms across his neck and hugged him.

At first I don't think he realized what was happening. It took him a second to put his arms around me. I whispered in his ear,

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry about Ashley."

He backed up a little so we would stop hugging. I gripped onto his forearms while he looked at me with him looking like he was about to cry.

I let go of Matt and he walked upstairs into his room.