~Part 3~

~Ally~

I opened my rusty old locker just as Matt was talking with Luke and Bryan. I pulled out my notebook and all my stories fell out onto the ground.

My mascara was smered on the corner of my right eye, just where the teardrop had hit. I knelt down to grab my fallen stories and I realized that I wasn't the only one helping pick up my papers.

"Matthew Espinosa was helping me pick up my papers." I thought to myself with happiness. The happiness only lasted about a second or two.

But why? What have I ever done for him that would make him want to help me? I don't speak to him. Then again I haven't spoken to anybody about anything since my best friend Abigail died. I've smiled at Matt once but that's about it. Maybe he was just doing a nice gesture. We were assigned as lab partners for one assignment, but I did everything while he posted youtube videos and become more famous by the second.

A few years ago, he laughed at something. I never knew what it was. And to this day I still don't know what it was, but, his laugh was just so, perfect. His hair was set up so nicely. his eyes took me to another galaxy. His careness spread like a forest fire, so quick. The way he looked at me made my heart skip a beat. That moment I knew that,

I loved Matthew Espinosa.

Our eyes met for about 15 seconds. He gave me that smile of his that struck me in the heart. I clenched my hands in my grey, 'Okay? Okay.' sweatshirt, from The Fault In Our Stars, trying to cover the scars on my wrist and covered my mouth so he couldn't see my smile.

We stood up and he handed me my papers. Matt's lips started to move. I couldn't tell what he was saying, everything went silent. Maybe it's because I got too lost in his stunning brown eyes.

After a few seconds, my hearing came back and I finally understood what he was saying.

"Hey Ally, sorry all your stuff dropped."

"Oh uh", I cleared my throat.
"It's, oh it's alright, no worries."

"I saw quite a few notebooks down there, do you write stories?"

I felt embarrased to answer, should I tell Matt about the stories I write? I debated with myself for a few seconds, I probably would have taken longer but I knew that I couldn't keep him waiting. I had trouble speaking for a moment.

My hands were sweating, and my heart was pounding when I heard him start talking to me. It's a good thing that I was clenching my hands in a huge sweatshirt, or else he'd see my palms sweating.

And my cuts.

I started to mumble, "Well, I sorta write my feeling down, and they some how end up in stories."

"That's sweet.", he replied

I started to blush because guys don't talk to me. Then again nobody talks to me and I still don't talk to them.

Then we started to talk for a while and we got along real well. But what he didn't know is that I cut.

Luckly it was free period and we didn't have class. Matt was talking to me and we got along really well. He asked me what I liked and I was trying to fond the right words to say. I answered,

"I really like going to concerts and reading books. I know, I know, i'm kind of a nerd but it's who I am."

"That's alright, it's just who you are."

"Oh, and there is one more thing, I really love sunset picnics, it just seems so romantic."

By the look in his eyes I could tell that he was keeping that in mind.

At that moment that I giggled, he reached for my hand. My heart skipped a beat as his soft hand touched mine. He was rubbing hus thumb on the back of my hand. Then at that moment, he bit his bottom lip and the words that I have wanted to hear for years finally came out.

"Ally, will you go out with me?"

"Absolutly."