What a usefull asshole

She put on some sunglasses she had on her bag; For those of you confused, Lex is a really prepared woman, she had a little more than 20aud, those sunglases, a little notepad with a pen, the fries she had ordered, the bottle of water Roland had gave her, some candy, hair ties, some basic medicine (Headaches, muscle ache, stomach ache, that sort of stuff) a couple food as well as paper towels she had stolen from Andy, and, well, a couple things more that I doubt she even identifies.

She was walking when she saw three of the guys, Andy next to Sam sitting on a bench, and Jake on a bike.

'Three out of four, not bad' She made her way to them.

"We'll help you find her!" Andy standed up and shouted to Jake who was leaving, he returned.

"Find who?" Lex was taking off her glasses while looking at them.

"Is everything normal to you?" Sam hurried asking.

"That depends highly on your definition of normal" She smiled.

"Did your family remember you?" Very straight forward Andy.

"They weren't here for that" She laughed "But Mikey didn't so there's that" She was so not going to take this seriously.

"What do you mean? are they alright?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, thanks for the concern thought" She needed to know what happened to them, even thought she had suspicions. "So, what happened? Who are we lookig for?"

"Well, my theory is..." Andy started explaining "While we were lost in the bush, our family's experienced mass delusional hysteria"

"That makes no sense whatsoever" For once, Lex agreed with Jake.

"Delusions can take exteme forms. There was an entire village in southern China where all the men thought their" Andy pointed at his crotch "Had shriveled away to nothing"

"Oh, man"

"In our case it has taken the form of collective amnesia" He tried to explain his point. "Everyone who knows us has forgotten us"

"Well, what about Felix?"

'Bingo' If she was going to do this, she was going to need goth guy.

"If it happened to him, that's at least proof that the five of us are somehow connected to this" Andy looked at Jake "Come on Jake, you owe us that much"

"All right"

"Well, where does he live?" Lex asked them.

"I know" And he was useful, for once.

"Really?" Sam looked at him.

"What? we used to egg his house after a footy win" Andy frowned when he heard Jake "It's good luck, come on" He started macking his way on his bike.

'What a useful asshole'

^^^
When they got there, Felix was drinking juice on the back yard.

"How's that theory holding up?" Jake had had gotten down the bike.

"Yeah, he doesn't exactly looks like he's having a bad day" Again, Sam and his tendence to emphasis the obvious.

'What are you up to Felix?'

"Hey, guys" Felix smiled at them.

"You're home?"Subtle, Andy.

"Where else would I be?"

"Everything, um, okay?"  They all got closer at Felix while he spoke with Andy.

"Man, how good does it feel to be home after last night?"

"Yeah, about that..." Andy was cutted out by a woman.

"I hope you like this, it's one of Oscar's favorites..." She came with a tray full of bread "Friends of yours Felix?" She looked at them.

"Yeah, this are the ones that helped me back from the bush"

"Sounds like an adventure" She looked down and putted a hand on her hip "Can I get you anything else?"

"No, the fairy bread is great"

"Oh, man I'm starving. I haven't eaten since..."

"You ate all of Rolland's food in front of us?" Remembered him Felix.

He laughed "That's right, whoops, and I had a chicken"

"Here" Felix passed him the fairy bread.

"Uh, I've only got this low sugar stuff, so you just have to drink three times as much" Felix's brother walked with two glasses of juice in his hands.

'Wait... Wasn't he on a wheelchair?'

"Thanks Oscar" Felix took one of the glasses.

"He's walking" Jake reacted first.

"He shouldn't be walking" It seems like Andy's theory collapsed.

"And now my brain really hurts"

'So it was about this goth guy' She got it now 'I know exactly wich book we are on, and I don't freacking like it'

"Mum, did you make fairy bread?" Felix's brother, Oscar, asked his mum.

"Yeah, but you love it" She pointed at the bread, wich was being eaten by Sam.

"Yeah, when I was six"

"More visitors, so many friends Oscar" She hugged her son.

"Mum, you're macking me sound like a loser"

"I'll leave you to play before I get into more trouble" She was going to leave "Might have to lie down, I don't feel... so great" She left.

"Oscar I'll be back in a sec, okay?" Felix looked him and started macking his way to the guys.

"Did you make your move?"

"Yeah, just a pawn" He pointed at the board before going with them. "What are you doing here" Felix whispered so Oscar couldn't listen.

"Why is your brother walking?" Jake concernedly pointed at him.

"I know" He laughed "It's crazy, right?"

"How is it possible?" Andy entered the conversation "It's not"

'Clearly if I want to know how to solve this I will have to talk alone with goth guy'

"Felix, will you stay for dinner?" His mom briefly got out of the house.

"Yeah, thanks, I'd like that"

"Well, that's, wonderful" She said before entering the house.

"Stay for dinner? Like, you don't actually live here?"  And the prize to best deduction goes to..!

"Of course I live here"

"But your mum called you a 'new friend'"

"They don't know who you are, do they?" "Felix!"

He sighed "I came home and it was like this. Oscar can walk, but my family can't remember me" He explained while looking at all of them "It's weird but..." He chuckled "My brother can walk"

"Oscar's definitely an X factor in my theory"

"What theory?"

"He says it's collective amnesia" Lex had to make sure Felix knew that she wasn't buying any of that shit.

"Our family's got so traumatized by us going missing, that they had a short circuit" Andy explained his theory "But your brother walking? It doesn't fit at all"

"You know what? None of this is helping me find my mum, so I'm outta here"

"Your mum..? I can help" Yes, she hated him, but she had to equilibrate her moral compass.