Chapter 9: A new Day.

I woke up the next day, questions swirling around inside of my head. I couldn't stop thinking about the leopardess and her cubs. My stomach growled. The kill last night, Amadia distracted me and a bunch of wild dogs were on it before I could defend the wildebeest. As I stood, I scented the air, again I could smell the leopardess! I think she was trying to get my attention all this time..

So I headed out of my den and searched the perimetre, there she was. Stood there looking straight at me. Her cubs behind her, she started padding towards me, I felt no fear so I stood still. She smiled. "Sancha." She smiled. I peered at her cubs, they were tiny. She must of taking great care of them, the two still alive. "Great work on keeping the cubs safe." I began. She smiled and nodded. "Yours?" Her smile quickly faded and she shook her head as they wearily hid behind her. "N-No..My sisters.." I stood there awkwardly. "Im sorry to hear.." She shook her head once more. "Its fine..A wildebeest hooked her and--" I smiled. "Say no more, wildebeests are viscious animals."

She nodded, agreeing with me. "I see you every few days or so, do you follow me?" She chuckled. "No..Well..Kind of.." I laughed. "Why?" She stared into my eyes. "You are not the last of your're kind my friend." My eyes widened in shock of another lion/lioness in my presence! Straight under my nose! "Where is it? Is it a lioness or a lion?! Please tell me Amadia!" She smiled. "Its a lion..and its not here yet..have you seen the men that sit in vehicles while your off to hunt? Or when your out and about?" I shaked my head. "No.." She laughed. "Well they are filming you. They take videos an pictures and see what it's like being the last lioness from you're point of view." I frowned. "What do you mean the lion is not "here" yet?" She smiled. "You'll see." She turned and bounded off into the plains, the two cubs sprinting after her. I roared after her. "Amadia! Come back! Tell me what you mean!"