The Last Lioness~

Prologue:

I am Sancha, the last lioness. The Mara used to be packed with lions and their prides. Now there is just one. Me. My mothers name was Daleha. We were part of the Mara pride. The biggest pride in all of the Mara. We has lots of borders and a very tough Alpha male named Koonga. He would fend off our territory from anyone else who dared enter it. On his missions where he would go out for a month or so my mother would be in charge. She was the alpha female. She would keep all lions in their places. I was proud of her for that. And while Koonga was out and if a male came in and tried to take over the pride. My mother knew that she had to stop him. They would kill me and the other cubs to start kin of their own. My mother would warn them at first. Keeping me and the other cubs safe by a big thorn bush. Its ok. The thorn bush was dead. It had a few scratchy sticks but that is all. It was a perfect place to hide. If the males crossed the line my mother and the other lioness's, including our juvenile brothers would have a big fight. I was just a small cub when I noticed fewer and fewer pride members were turning up. I would occasionally ask my mother where they were and were they alright. She said that they were fine and in the best place that they could possibly be. I would believe her. I dont believe her now. I have saw hunters take away my family. I couldn't let that happen, but if i stepped out, they would take me too. It was the hardest decision of my life. Kill, or get killed. I couldn't decide quick enough. I had to hide. They knew I was there but where? Where was i? I was running across the savannah. Risking everything. I could get killed by vultures,cheetahs,leopards,hyenas,wild dogs! But i didnt care. I have never forgiven myself to this day. They took my whole family. All of them. And there were no lions what so ever in the Mara. The closest to a lion for miles was a leopard. I was a cub. I was a juvenile. I am the last lioness.