NINE

PART NINE

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

"How do I look?" Jamal asked as he posed in front of the mirror. "Why are you holding a cane?" Cesar asked. "This is not a cane!" He snapped as he rolled his eyes, "It's my pimp stick. I've got to make my injury look real."

"Well.. you look beautiful Jamal." I spoke with a fake smile.

"Y'all just mad I look better than you. I mean.. I'm not the type of person to toot my own horn but.. toot toot!" A laugh erupted from my lips. Jamal was probably one the funniest out of Monse's squad. "Cesar, can I talk to you?" Monse questioned as she entered my room. He nodded and followed her to her room.

"Did you and Mo make up?" Jamal queried. I shrugged. "She still isn't talking to me but it's better than yesterday." He sighed and dragged me towards the living room. I sat on the love seat while he sat on a chair on the opposite of me. "Tell me now, Sin... what is the happiest memory of you and Monse?" I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. "Jamal, If I wanted a therapist I would-" "Sssttt. Tell me." He interrupted.

"Fine. My happiest memory was when I returned from college and saw how happy she was." He pulled a pair of glasses from his pocket and put it on. "Okay Jamal now it's getting weird. Where did you get those glasses?"

"Don't make me sush you again, Sin! What is your most heartbreaking moment with her?" I thought about all the sad moments we had been through together. I avoided to blink, due to the tears residing in my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of a 14 year old boy who is faking his injuries and is a part time therapist. No offense though.

"My saddest memory is when our mom left us. She didn't stop crying for two months straight. I felt so guilty.." he stood up from the couch and sat beside me. "Everything is going to be okay between you guys. You two are like Raven and Chelsea. Beyoncé and.. herself! You are going to hash this beef out now." He stated, dragging me towards her room. "Jamal! She's talking with Cesar!" I wined as he opened the door.

 "Jamal! She's talking with Cesar!" I wined as he opened the door