Chapter 5

Lance awoke to see Lotor sleeping next to him. He had forgotten he had slept in Lotor's bed last night. Lototr said there weren't any extra bed's except in the dungeons. Lance had said a dungeon would make him feel right at home, but Lotor refused.

Lance quietly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. He rubbed his eyes and looked in the mirror....

Lotor awoke to a scream coming from the bathroom.

"Lance! What's wrong?!" Lotor gasped.

Lance turned back at him with white hair and Altayan marks on his face.

"Very interesting..." Lotor put a finger to his chin in deep thought.

"What did the potion do to me?!" Lance screamed. "What happened to myt my glorious hair?!"

Lotor smiled. "It looks like your best features have been brought out. And one of those features happens to be your Altayan blood."

"Altayan?!" Lance was shocked. "You mean I'm part Altayan?!"

"Yes Lance," Lotor said. He walked up to him and felt his hair. "Your hair looks beautiful,"

Lance blushed.

***

Lance and Lotor walked to the throne room.

"Sir!" a servant walked up to Lotor. "Team Voltron wishes to video call you,"

Lotor walked up to the screen, and answered it.

"Lotor!" Allura's face appeared.

"Ah Princess! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Lance has gone missing!" she cried.

"No No," Lotor said, he's-"

Lance cleared his throat and shook his head violently.

"-He's probably fine!" Lotor said quickly.

"We can't find him or his lion!" Allura said. "Will you help us find him? Please?"

Lotor nodded. "Of course. I'll let you know if I find him."

He ended the call and turned to Lance. "What is wrong? Why did you not want me to tell them you were here?And I thought you said you left a note!"

"I did! And I can't let them see me like this!" Lance cried. "I'm a freakin' alien!"

"One: The red paladin I believe is Galra. Two: Two of your other ship mates are Altayan. I don't see a problem." Lotor said.

"I'm not even used to this new thing yet. I know it's a lot to ask, but is there anyway you can keep me here until I'm ready to tell them?"

Lotor hugged Lance. "Of course."

****

"While your staying here," Lotor said, showing Lance to a room that had become available. "Your wish is the Galra's command."

"That's really not necessary," Lance said.

"No, No," Lotor opened the door to Lance's room. "I insist!" he handed Lance a box.

"What's this?" Lance asked.

"Some Altayan clothing. I thought it might help you get used to your new blood. Or rather, the blood you just found out about."

Lance giggled. "Thank Lotor" then, he made a bold move: He kissed Lotor on the cheek right before closing the door!

Lotor just stood there, dumbstruck. Was kissing someone on the cheek an earthling sign of gratitude? In most cultures, including Galra, it was a sign of romantic love. Was it not the same for earth?