Chapter 24 - Something's Not Right

It has been exactly one week, three days, and twelve hours since Kylo has been admitted to the infirmary. I haven't visited him since last time. I didn't know what to think of it. Meanwhile, I have never felt so alone before. During the past days without Kylo, there was no Hux either. He was just... gone. I haven't seen him since he carried me to his room. You'd think I'd have more time with him since we'd be sharing living quarters, and sleeping in the same bed. But, no. He was always gone now. Whenever I wake up, the space beside me would look the same, no trace of him anywhere or even a sign that showed the bed had been slept on. I figured he might have issued a transfer, but all his belongings were still where they were before. They had added another cabinet in the room for my issued clothes, but other than that the room stayed the same. He must not have transferred. So where was he?

I wandered around the halls of the ship, the stormtroopers seemed to make a point to ignore me as they all acted like I didn't exist. I'd earned a few glances from the higher ranked officers (probably wondering what I was doing still alive in this ship) while no attention from the storm troopers. I passed by them like a shadow, which was good.

I just realized that I never really knew my way around this place, except for the way towards the infirmary and Hux's bedroom. Kylo didn't exactly give me a tour. And so I wandered the halls of the base completely ignorant. After almost half an hour of walking and looking around, I found myself standing on a platform overlooking the hangar bay. It was beautiful in a way, squads of stormtroopers were loading up one ship while others were in pairs, guarding other vehicles. There was a rather unique black X-wing docked at the corner of the bay, it seemed to be guarded and cared for more than the other vehicles. Maybe it was Hux's personal X-wing?

I was about to head down and take a closer look at the vehicle when the scruff of my neck was grabbed and I was smashed against the nearest wall, my feet dangling as I was held up.

"What brings you here, bug?" 

That familiar robotic female voice and that nickname oriented me of who my attacker was, so instead of fighting back, I held my ground and looked up to see the chrome helmeted head and I could just feel the eyes behind it that were boring through wanting to kill me.

"I was just looking around." I answered.

"Not with your master eh? What's happened to the kid, still in the infirmary? I'm surprised you made it out alive after that mission." 

She tightened her grip.

"I'm flattered you thought of me." I choked out.

Silence fell for a while until she finally let go and I composed myself, my legs feeling like jelly after being held up for so long. 

"You may be the Supreme Leader's coin, but you're still a worthless bug from that dumb planet we destroyed. I'd watch myself if I were you."

"Thanks for the advice."

I was walking away from her when she said something that made me stop my tracks.

"Stop distracting Hux."

I turned around and faced her.

"Me? Distract Hux? I haven't even seen him for a week!" 

"He's been missing meetings and hasn't been reporting to inspections as often as he used to. It's not like him. If he gets demoted or anything else, it's on you, bug."

"I told you. I haven't seen or talked to Hux lately. It's like he's avoiding me!"

Okay, that last part hurt to think about. 

"He's smart to, if what you're saying is true."

I clenched my fists, trying not to blow it. I had to stay calm.